Head of Innovation & Education
Design & Crafts Council Ireland (DCCI) is the representative voice and champion of the design and craft industry in Ireland, representing all disciplines of practitioners. Its objectives are to foster the growth and commercial strength of the design and craft sector, communicate its unique identity and stimulate quality design and competitiveness.
Based in Kilkenny, DCCI has 55 member organisations and over 2,500 registered craft enterprises, its activities are funded by the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation via Enterprise Ireland. As part of its continued development, DCCI is now seeking an exceptional professional with the capability, vision and leadership skills to play an important role in the expansion of its remit with regard to design and innovation in the design and craft sector in Ireland.
Reporting to the CEO, this senior leadership role encompasses responsibility for innovation, design development, education and international relations. The Head of Innovation & Education will lead DCCI Centres of Excellence and will inﬂuence and inspire a strong ethos of creativity, enterprise and quality in the implementation of related projects and activities.
The Head of Innovation & Education will integrate strategy to maximise opportunities to support the development of innovative approaches in craft and design, education and job creation in the design and craft sector in Ireland.
- This position presents an excellent opportunity for an experienced leader with at least ten years proven track record in innovation, design & education/training. This experience may have been gained in either the public or private sectors.
- You will have highly developed communication skills and will be capable of engaging and inﬂuencing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- You have proven leadership, governance, finance and change management skills.
- You have significant experience in developing, driving and delivering strategic plans.
- Experience of international relations & the ability to attract /manage EU funding is desirable.
- An understanding of accreditation of education and training programmes is also desirable.
Further details on this significant opportunity, including remuneration, duties and responsibilities, are available upon request.
Lansdowne Executive Search has been retained by DCCI to manage this recruitment process.
To pursue your interest, please email a comprehensive CV and supporting letter to:
Seán McDonagh, Partner, Lansdowne Executive Search. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a conﬁdential discussion, please contact Seán at +353 (0)87 796 1062
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 20th November 2020.
Candidates for this role will be sourced through both advertising and executive search processes.
The Design & Crafts Council of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer