Science, Technology & Innovation - Policy & Liaison Manager
SUMMARY OF JOB:
An exciting opportunity to develop and enhance cross-border opportunities in the area of innovation through policy research and targeted engagement with key stakeholders. You will also manage InterTradeIreland’s collaborative activities such as our new cross border clustering initiative, Synergy and the All Island Innovation Programme.
KEY DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES:
To increase cross-border collaborative applications to Synergy.
- To leverage international collaborative opportunities for cross-border partnerships through management of innovation focused initiatives.
- To scope, tender and supervise research & innovation related projects and initiatives.
- To scope, tender and supervise commissioned research contracts.
- Manage third parties to ensure satisfactory delivery on contracts.
- Provide specialist advice and a high standard of analysis on a wide range of research and innovation issues that provides strong direction to the Business and Corporate Plan. (Recent issues have included; Artificial Intelligence, Digital Transformation, Clustering, Open Innovation, Advanced Manufacturing, Industry 4.0, Low Carbon economy and Bioeconomy).
- To monitor relevant developments in research & innovation policy at a regional, national and supranational level.
- To identify potential funding opportunities for InterTradeIreland.
- To establish and maintain a network of key external contacts.
- To develop an all-island research & innovation profile for InterTradeIreland.
- To prepare reports for submission to the Board of InterTradeIreland, sponsoring government departments and the North South Ministerial Council. Make formal presentations as needed.
- To manage budgets and supervise staff as may be assigned.
- To deputise for Director and colleagues as required.
- Any other duties as required by line manager.
The above is given as a broad range of duties and is not intended to be a complete description of all tasks.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
- A third level qualification or equivalent in a science, engineering, innovation or technology discipline.
- Experience of establishing and developing successful partnerships with third parties at a senior level.
- Experience of managing research and innovation projects and contracts.
- The ability to explain complex research and innovation concepts and issues to both experts and non-experts.
- A genuine interest in research and innovation policy and working with committees to input into future policy.
- Evidence of ability/experience of carrying out research and writing reports.
Full details including key duties and responsibilities, essential and desirable criteria, person specification and application form are available from the website www.intertradeireland.com