Chief Executive Officer
Vhi, is the largest health insurance provider in the Republic of Ireland, providing its customers with access to quality private healthcare and a diverse range of customer focused products and services. Established in 1957 as a statutory corporation, Vhi is a commercially successful, not-for-profit organisation that exists wholly for the wellbeing of its customers. To supplement and support its insurance offering, Vhi has itself become a provider of certain healthcare services in recent years and further expansion of this activity is planned.
There are many industry wide challenges ahead, including the continuing effect of Covid-19 on the healthcare system, the impact on private hospitals, as well as constantly rising health costs.
In a highly dynamic market, the organisation continues to focus on innovating with the single focus of helping customers to live longer, stronger and healthier lives.
Reporting directly to the Board, the Group Chief Executive provides leadership to the executive and all colleagues to achieve the full potential of Vhi. They are responsible for the co-ordination and implementation of strategy, the leadership and management of staff, the financial management of the organisation, the management of assets, and the internal and external communications, representation and stakeholder management.
The successful candidate will also act as Managing Director of Vhi Insurance DAC.
Key performance indicators, relating to short-term performance and long-term development, are agreed between the Chief Executive and the Board on an annual basis.
This is a PCF1 & PCF8 role in line with Central Bank requirements and appointment to this role is subject to Central Bank approval.
The Person Profile Requirements
- Proven experience as CEO or in other executive level position;
- Experience in developing effective strategies and implementing vision;
- Proven ability to operate within an evolving environment and capable of managing across a wide range of business scenarios;
- Strong commercial instincts and the ability to innovate and respond creatively in a dynamic and increasingly digital environment;
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, HR, finance etc.;
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices;
- An entrepreneurial mind-set with outstanding organisational and leadership skills;
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills; and
- A relevant higher level business or professional qualification.
It would be desirable also that the person has experience of leadership at a senior level in a regulated financial services or healthcare environment.
Vhi welcomes and promotes diversity and inclusion in our workplace.
Candidates for this role will be sourced through both an advertised and an executive search process.
Applicants should send full personal and career details along with a supporting letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference VHI, for the attention of Siobhan Walsh, Odgers Berndtson.
Please forward applications by Friday 6th November 2020.