Group Risk Officer
Bon Secours Health System (BSHS) is Ireland’s largest Private Hospital Group employing 3,500 staff, who, together with 450 leading consultants work in partnership to provide high quality care to nearly 300,000 patients and their families each year within a Catholic ethos. BSHS has five modern acute hospitals in Cork, Dublin, Galway, Limerick, Tralee and a Care Village in Cork. BSHS has grown steadily over the last decade and has invested €150M in up-grading and developing its facilities and technologies.
In 2019 BSHS became affiliated with Bon Secours Mercy Health (BSMH), one of the largest Catholic healthcare systems in the USA, which employs nearly 57,000 people and has revenues of $8billion. BSMH is headquartered in Cincinnati and its markets stretch eastwards from Kentucky and the Ohio Valley to the Atlantic seaboard. It is the ambition of the enlarged global health system to further expand into Europe, with Ireland as the base for this expansion.
Bon Secours Health System wish to make this Senior Leadership appointment
Group Risk Officer
Bon Secours Health System (BSHS) wish to appoint a Group Risk Officer. In conjunction with key stakeholders across BSHS the appointee will lead the management and further development of standardised risk management systems and processes for BSHS. The appointee is responsible for overseeing the systematic integration and monitoring of risk management into the delivery of service across BSHS.
The ideal candidate should be educated to degree level and preferably to postgraduate level, in a discipline relevant to governance/risk management in a healthcare setting; a leader with excellent communication and influencing skills and an ability to develop positive working relationships both internally and externally.
The candidate should possess significant previous experience of performing the key duties/responsibilities of the Group Risk Officer position which include the following:
- Work with BSHS Executive Team to enhance internal and external compliance requirements as they relate to risk management and to further integrate risk analytics and mitigation strategies into delivery of service throughout BSHS.
- Providing reports as required to BSHS Executive Team, and BSHS Quality, Safety and Risk Management Committee on BSHS performance in relation to risk management priorities.
- Developing an annual BSHS Risk Management Audit Plan to monitor compliance and identify areas requiring improvement.
- Having an in-depth working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) and Joint Commission International (JCI) standards as they apply to risk management and compliance with associated protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- Keeping up to date with risk management best practice and reviewing and adapting practice in keeping with changes within the area.
- Managing key relationships within BSHS in order to provide key two-way communication and engagement within BSHS in relation to risk.
- Promoting and participating in the implementation of change.
The post carries an attractive and competitive remuneration package. Candidates should forward by email full career details in complete confidence to Rosalind King stating how they meet the requirements for the post.
Preferred latest date for receipt of applications is November 6th 2020.
Bon Secours Health System is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Group Risk Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly