Content and Brand Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
IMI is a membership organisation that reflects a spectrum of Irish industry, from our smallest micro-organisations to the world’s largest multinationals. For sixty years IMI has pioneered the development of executive education in Ireland. Thousands of senior executives attend developmental programmes at IMI annually, ranging from NFQ level 9 Masters and Diploma qualifications to one- and two-day master classes. IMI also acts as a “business partner” for organisations that are looking to align comprehensive learning and development strategies to support the execution of business growth strategies. Common to all IMI programmes is the translation of academic best practice to real-world solutions for practising managers
Purpose of the role:
Content generation, thought leadership and brand management is a central pillar in IMI’s strategy. Content also plays a key role in inbound lead generation to support recruitment of programmes and events. This role will require the following skills:
- Ability to generate and package content (both online and offline), tailored to various audience groups – Content generation will include podcasts, videos, interviewing (business leaders, CEO’s, academics), radio ads, long form papers, shorter articles, opinion pieces, infographics, web content writing, brochure writing, email marketing, newsletters, blogs to name a few.
- Ability to translate academic concepts and writing into business ready content in digestible formats
- Brand management, Strong project management skills and ideation skills
- Digital media savviness and ability to put in place metrics to measure success of various content pieces
- Curiosity about client’s business and needs. Understanding of leadership, business and the executive education market.
- Ability to understand and develop a value proposition. Develop an IMI positioning story and pitch to media
- Develop and deliver a brand-building content plan and content assets for IMI.
- Produce thought leadership content for IMI
- Produce lead generation content for graduate, short programmes, Custom programmes and membership
- Produce content for PR (events and brand) and positioning IMI’s executive team and other key stakeholders in media
- Work with IMI’s research team to identify trends and themes of interest to various audience groups and develop the various content plans and assets in line with these.
- Curate, edit and write content for IMI website, newsletters, social media channelsradio ads, long form papers, shorter articles, opinion pieces, infographics, web content writing, brochure writing, email marketing, newsletters.
- Produce and record podcasts, videos and interviews with business leaders, academics and thought leaders
- Ensure content is optimised for SEO
- Manage social media properties and drive engagement. Report against social media KPI’s
- Monitor key online communities. Identify and develop relationships with key influencers Manage IMI blog and source content from IMI’s associate network
PR outputs of this role will include:
- Closer monitoring of PR and will be working full time on pushing/pitching IMI stories
- Better alignment of messages and maximising opportunities
- Develop relationship with key media entities and pitch IMI stories, events etc.
Experience and qualifications required:
- Proven track record (5 years +) in a communications brand or content marketing role
- Podcasting and voice editing experience
- Some PR experience is beneficial
- Excellent content and copywriting skills - a journalism background/qualification would suit. Business journalism experience preferable
- Excellent visual design and graphics skills for content creation – knowledge of powerpoint, Adobe softwares or similar
- Some knowledge of creating and optimising content for online
- Experienced in the development and delivery of content strategies
- Good knowledge of principles of SEO and Social media strategy and execution
- B2B Marketing publishing experience, with an interesting portfolio of B2B marketing collateral.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, CRM systems, social media analytics and email distribution software packages required.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Skills necessary to manage agencies and other creative teams to develop world-class creative for online and offline collateral and local customer-facing events
- The ability to build and maintain a personal ethos of high performance.
- Results oriented, proven ability to reach and exceed targets in a dynamic environment.
- Strong/persuasive communication skills and the ability to develop productive working relationships across teams and departments are essential.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Take initiative, with a hands-on execution style.
- Commercial acumen - has a good overall understanding of costing, budget and preservation of margin etc and can use this information to drive and influence decision making.
- Strong ability to build personal rapport with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Superior strategic planning and organisational skills, be self driven, well organised, and able to work independently with a hands-on execution style.
- Proven ability to align and integrate individual and team goals with overall Institute strategy.
- Flexible and be able to work outside standard business hours as required.
IMI’s new Values and Behaviours Framework identifies 6 core Values that we fundamentally believe in as central to our culture, brand and organisational identity.
To ensure IMI recruit the right people to join our team, people who actively reflect our values and culture, we take a competency based approach to interviewing. Candidates called to interview will be asked a series of competency questions to allow them to demonstrate how their knowledge, skills and attitudes align with IMI’s values and culture.
How to apply:
All applications must be submitted through IMI’s applicant tracking system at:
Closing date for applications is: 31st October, 2020
Applications should include:
- A comprehensive CV giving details of relevant achievements and experience in previous positions as well as your education and professional qualifications.
- A covering letter that summarises your interest in this position, providing evidence of your ability to match the criteria outlined in the Candidate Requirements.
The IMI is committed to equal opportunity.