Head of Human Resources
Stafford Lynch is a long-established sales, marketing and distribution company representing a wide portfolio of leading grocery and non-food brands. The company serves the retail, foodservice, pharmacy, and hardware channels across the island of Ireland. It is an established Dublin based organisation with 100 employees. To support its strategic development, the organisation is now looking to recruit a Head of HR to play a key role in the successful management of staff and the HR function in a fast-moving and agile company. Operating to high standards, the Head of HR will provide innovative and effective solutions to the senior management team to promote, support and embed a positive and results-orientated culture. S/he will deliver all HR related services and proactively develop processes, policies, and programmes to support the development of staff and the success of the organisation. This position will report to the CEO. This role is for a 3/4-day week and is permanent. There is one direct report.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manage the HR function, ensuring an accurate and best in practice HR service is provided to all.
- Act as a senior point of contact for employees, supervisors, and managers on all HR related issues.
- Lead the HR Strategy through tactical delivery and support of employee relations, with a focus on talent attraction, development and retention, coaching, and communication.
- Drive and deliver HR initiatives to support business needs, such as recognition & reward; recruitment; performance management; learning and development; succession planning; culture, engagement, and communication; and organisational change.
- Guide and coach managers on HR, ER, and IR issues in line with company policies and best practice, including disciplinary, grievance, performance, absence management and employee engagement.
- Recommend and implement new policies, approaches, and procedures.
- Provide effective management of all employee and industrial relations issues.
- Partner with management in providing efficient and creative solutions to both simple and complex challenges as they arise. Solutions will be evidence based and practical
- Leverage and promote the Stafford Lynch brand through effective recruitment and selection processes.
- Drive internal promotions and culture of employee development.
- Ensure all required HR records are accurately maintained.
- Management of compliance regarding delivery of all statutory new and refresher training within the specified guidelines; ensure all discretionary training programmes are organised and monitored.
- Lead and implement effective and efficient change initiatives.
- Promote a harmonious workplace culture through proactive employee communication & problem resolution
- Work collaboratively with the SMT to drive business performance, programmes, and initiatives.
- Develop succession plans and supports to ensure a strong leadership pipeline with leaders who have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to deliver on business strategy.
- Collaborate with EH&S function to maintain a safe working environment.
- A professional manner, articulate, with excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent understanding of HR best practice and ability to apply this to employee relations
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with the team and stakeholders at all levels, and have the confidence to challenge when required
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in a demanding environment
- Practical, hands-on, results driven and strategic in focus
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible
- High level of competency in the use of MS Office packages
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- 3rd level qualification in HR, Business Studies, or a related discipline
- Experience working on a senior team delivering organisational strategy
- Experience managing staff
- IR experience is a plus
- “Can-do” mentality and the desire to add value to a business
Stafford Lynch is committed to a policy of equal opportunity.
To pursue your interest, please email your CV (max two pages) and supporting letter to: Lisa Birthistle at email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of applications is: 5pm, Friday 23rd October 2020.