Flight Operations Inspector (Helicopter)
The Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) is a commercial semi-state body that oversees the safety and security of Irish civil aviation, provides air traffic management (ATM) services in Irish airspace and at state airports and communication services on the eastern north Atlantic. The IAA receives no state funding and circa 80% of our income is earned from international business.
We are currently seeking applications from appropriately qualified candidates for creation of a panel for the position of Flight Operations Inspector (Helicopter) working within the Safety Regulation Division (SRD).
An immediate vacancy currently exists.
Candidates should have:
- A current EASA Airline Transport Pilot
- License (ATPL) with multi-engine type rating.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a pilot.
- Considerable experience as pilot-in command of helicopter aircraft.
- Experience in operational management within an air transport operation; or experience as an
- 5,000 flying hours, consideration may be extended to candidates with less hours, based on having:
- Experience in Search and Rescue operations (SAR).
- Experience in dealing with operator training requirements and training organisations.
- Additional qualifications such as instructor and examiner ratings.
Candidates should have a good understanding of aviation safety management systems and a sound working knowledge of European Union and European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EU/EASA) aviation regulations and the international regulatory framework, including the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) standards. The desired candidate will also demonstrate excellent written, oral and inter-personal communication skills.
Full details are available on the Careers Section of our website – https://www.iaa.ie/careers/current-vacancies
Applications, including details of career to date and a brief outline of how your skill set meets the requirements for the position sought, should be sent in strict confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Short-listing may apply and a panel may be formed from which future vacancies may be filled.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 17:00 hrs Friday, 2nd October 2020.
For general queries please contact Ciaran Buckley by email email@example.com
The Irish Aviation Authority is committed to a policy of equal opportunity.
Canvassing will disqualify.