Senior Software Engineer
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
Building the possibilities.
We have recently opened the DraftKings Dublin office and we are growing quickly. We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. In this role, you’ll be part of one of our multidisciplinary teams where you will drive the delivery and direction core components of the DraftKings’ sportsbook. You will join a successful, and growing engineering organization, and work with Product, SRE and Architects to build compelling products into a fast-paced and dynamic industry.
What you’ll do as a Senior Software Engineer:
- You will be developing systems and APIs that power a rich set of applications used by a large and passionate group of users every day.
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability.
- We’re constantly growing and forming new teams; you will be able to lead either as an engineer or transition into a manager role.
- Strive for high-engineering standards, and maintain impressive operational-excellence standards.
- Participate in our Agile processes, and develop our team culture.
What skills you will use:
- A minimum of 3 years of development experience in object-oriented programming using languages such as C# or Java is required.
- Strong knowledge of OOP and REST design principles is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of relational database experience including schema design and writing performant queries in SQL is required.
- Experience writing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of unit and integration tests is required.
- Experience writing distributed systems in a Cloud Computing environment such as AWS is strongly preferred.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.