Lead Data Engineer
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
We use technology to create great experiences for sports fans.
Since our founding in 2012, DraftKings has been defining what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. To help us achieve our goals, we are building a dynamic team in Boston. Do you love working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving? Are you able to use creativity to help solve problems that don’t have clear solutions? If so, then we think you will love working with us.
Love data? We do too.
DraftKings is growing quickly and we’re looking for a Lead Data Engineer to help lead a data team centered around the mission of providing a best-in-class experience for our products and customers. This team is primarily focused on data to support our Product teams (Daily Fantasy Sports, Sportsbook, and Casino) and modeling this data to support business stakeholders around the Products.
What you’ll do as a Lead Data Engineer:
- Take ownership of building data solutions to provide actionable insights into key business metrics.
- Collaborate and serve as technical lead of your data team (‘squad’) to design scalable processes.
- Work with product owners, product managers and lead your squad to implement high quality, production-grade data pipelines, and ETL processes.
- Work with your squad to design, build, and deliver innovative applications with urgency and speed.
- Bring operational excellence with a focus on performance analysis, optimization, and tuning.
What skills you will use:
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in aspects of business intelligence and data engineering.
- Multiple years proven experience leading a data engineering team.
- Advanced understanding of dimensional modeling is required.
- The ability to build and optimize data pipelines, transformations, architectures, and data sets is required.
- Strong knowledge in a variety of data engines such as SQL Server, MySQL and/or Redshift is required.
- Experience with data tools such as Datadog, Alation, Tableau and/or other reporting tools is preferred.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencie