Associate Director, Technical Operations
Associate Director, Technical Operations. The role will deliver a diverse range of technical support to the Drug Substance Business. This will include supporting technical investigations within the Integrated Process Team, supporting significant projects across the site, including Process, Equipment & Cleaning Re-Validation efforts.
This position will play a pivotal and critical role in the manufacture of biologics-based medicines, including immuno-oncology.
What you will do:
Bring your energy, knowledge, and innovation to:
- Lead, coach, support and develop a highly qualified technical team.
- Drive the team's performance so that every individual understands their individual contribution and how it impacts the site.
- Responsible for Technical Planning and decisions during both the start-up and sustaining operation.
- Consistently deliver on key performance metrics, e.g. Environment, Health and Safety metrics, Compliance, and budget performance.
- Accountable for Change Control and Deviation Management.
- Management of the impact of changes whether through Raw Materials, Automation Recipes, Processing Issues, etc. to assure achievement of functional metrics.
- Responsible for driving a culture of Continuous Improvement by deploying Six Sigma and lean manufacturing tools
- Collaboration with Technical groups across the site and network, foster technical excellence to be a differentiating advantage.
- Participate and comply with the internal Quality Management Systems Environment, Health and Safety System requirements
What skills you will need:
- Degree or 3rd level qualification (Science, Engineering).
- Demonstrated leadership and change management skills with a continuous improvement focus.
- Proven track record of delivering high performance through development and coaching of a team.
- At least 8 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical industry (preferably experience in Drug Substance & Cell Culture)
- Knowledge and experience in process optimization, technical transfer of products and extensive knowledge of Validation requirements.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Six Sigma and Lean methodologies
- Desirable evidence of Continuous Professional Development
As a company, we are committed to ‘Inventing for Life’ in all that we do. We keep the patient at the very heart of all that we do and strive to find solutions and treatments for some of the world’s most challenging healthcare needs.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment.
So, if you are ready to:
Invent solutions to meet unmet healthcare needs, Impact the Future by driving one of the world’s leading healthcare companies, and inspire your team to reach their full potential and push the boundaries of science and technology; please apply today.
Our promise to you:
We know our people are the driving force behind everything we do, and we provide a fantastic benefits package.