Safety and Environment Specialist
Supported by a diverse, collaborative and multi-skilled global team, you will be part of a transformational team bringing new medicines to the world. This role is part of the site EHS team who is creating and building original and novel pharmaceuticals to address unmet medical needs. We need proven leadership abilities and experience in EHS execution preferably within highly regulated industry such as pharmaceuticals, medical device, food and drink, or alternatively within EHS consulting or EHS agencies. The successful candidate will need to work to anticipate and minimise workplace safety and environmental risks. We are interested in a candidate who can effectively prioritise, ensure regulatory compliance, and participate in continuous performance improvement efforts.
What you will do:
Bring energy, knowledge, innovation and leadership to carry out the following:
- Demonstrates collaboration with site colleagues to ensure a “Safe by Choice” culture
- Participates with the team to drive EHS improvements with clear outcomes.
- Provides support for management of change, incident investigation, EHS standards compliance, auditing and capital project work as assigned.
- With knowledge of EHS regulations and their applicability, develops EHS procedures, guidelines and training programs as assigned.
- Participates in achieving sustainability goals for the company through site initiatives
- Assures completion of regulatory submissions and notifications required to maintain compliance with EHS requirements.
- Participates in EHS agency inspections and correspondence.
- Performs responsibilities and addresses problems with oversight and supervision.
What skills you will need:
- In order to excel in this role, you will more than likely have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Engineering or Science; Occupational Safety and/or Environmental related technical discipline is an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years of applied professional EHS work experience.
- Preferred proficiency in the areas of environmental compliance and critical thinking, project management, problem solving.
As a company we are committed to ‘Inventing for Life’ in all that we do. We keep the patient at the very heart of all that we do and strive to find solutions and treatments for some of the world’s most challenging healthcare needs.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment.
So, if you are ready to:
Invent solutions to meet unmet healthcare needs, Impact the future by driving one of the world’s leading healthcare companies, and inspire your team to reach their full potential and push the boundaries of science and technology, please apply today.