Chief Information Officer
Chief Information Officer
The Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM) is a major Government Department playing the lead role in promoting competitive and sustainable economic development in the agriculture, food, forestry and fisheries sectors, including overall responsibility for public policy and administration.
The Department plays a key role in advancing European farming and fisheries policies, as well as leading on Agri-food trade and relevant environment policies at national, European and international levels. In 2020, the Department is responsible for a gross budget of some €2.8 billion of national and EU funds.
The role of Chief Information Officer is a Senior Management position in the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine. Reporting to the Secretary General, the person appointed will be a member of DAFM's Management Board and will have overall responsibility for the development and management of the Department’s ICT systems and ICT strategy that supports new and better ways of improving services for our stakeholders.
The successful candidates will have:
- A successful track record of leading and delivering significant technology transformation and of significant achievement and best practice in the management of large ICT projects;
- An ability to lead the provision of modern, cost efficient and secure ICT systems and services for the Department and its agencies, other Departments and DAFM’s broader client base, including infrastructure support to Public Sector shared services projects;
- Proven ICT leadership in delivering innovation using leading edge solutions to challenging deadlines in a complex environment and in a way that supports data driven decision-making;
- Agility, flexibility and the ability to effectively lead teams operating under significant time pressure with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally and have demonstrable skills in persuading and influencing with multiple complex stakeholders;
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, communication, management and teamwork skills, with an ability to express him/herself orally and in writing, clearly, concisely and persuasively.
For a confidential discussion please contact Emer Grenville by email firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a Top Level Appointments Committee (TLAC) position.
Closing Date: 3pm, Thursday 17th September 2020
For more information and how to apply, visit: http://bit.ly/Execjobs_Ad_ChiefInfoOff
We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and encourage applications under all nine grounds of the Employment Equality Act.