Engineering Inspector – Roads Capital Programme
5 days left
- Full Time
The capital programme and regional management department is responsible for the delivery of TII capital funded projects. This programme is delivered on a regional basis by a Regional Management team led by the respective Regional Manager. The teams are responsible for the management, promotion and delivery of the programme in their regions. This includes responsibility for the National Regional Offices (NROs) and Project Offices and delivery of the roads programme with the assistance of the Local Authorities. The department is responsible for the delivery of Major projects in accordance with the TII Project Management Guidelines. This requires supporting the delivery of these projects through all aspects of scheme development from initial inception through to construction close out.
In addition, the department manages the delivery of all other capital schemes in their region including minor realignments, pavement, safety schemes and design and construction of sections of the cycling network.
The portfolio management unit supports the Regional Management teams in the overall co-ordination of the pavement and safety programmes delivered by Roads Capital. The unit is responsible for stakeholder engagement in the City areas and internal co-ordination with the various units in TII. The unit supports overall delivery and is responsible for updating documentation, processes and procedures and supporting internal procurements as necessary for effective delivery of the road programmes.
Principal responsibilities include:
- To oversee delivery of the Annual Capital Programme of works for assigned counties in the Region including pavement & minor works improvements, Major schemes & PPP projects, bridge renewals and safety.
- Agree annual milestones with the local authorities, National Roads Offices and project offices for Regional Manager approval.
- If assigned, fulfil the role of TII’s Representative on PPP projects
- Review and comment on all drafts of documents associated with schemes prior to submission of final draft to Regional Manager.
- Develop productive relationships and liaise with local authorities, National Roads Design Offices, Project Offices and Consulting Engineers to ensure effective development and timely implementation of scheme concepts.
- Promote and monitor the delivery of assigned projects and report on progress as required.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the key competencies for a Grade 1 position, as well as the following job-specific requirements:
- Degree or third level professional qualification (HETAC Level 8 or equivalent) in Engineering.
- Be a Chartered Engineer with Engineers Ireland, or be professionally registered at an equivalent level with an appropriate professional body, or be in a position to attain such registration within in a year of appointment to the position
- 7 years’ experience in civil engineering work in a responsible position
- A strong track record of involvement in the delivery of large scale infrastructure projects.
- In-depth knowledge of project governance and contract management.
- A good understanding of project appraisal, procurement and statutory processes and procedures.
To apply for, or to locate further information on, these posts please visit our website: https://www.tii.ie/careers/
The closing date for applications is 12pm (noon) Thursday, 24th October, 2019
Transport Infrastructure Ireland is committed to a policy of equal opportunity.