Chief Executive Officer
6 days left
- Full Time
The Irish Blood Transfusion Service (IBTS) is seeking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer to lead the organisation through a continuous improvement programme. This is an exciting and demanding opportunity to lead a very unique organisation that relies heavily on volunteers and community support to deliver our services.
The IBTS has sole responsibility for the collection and distribution of blood and blood products, providing essential services to the Irish Hospital sector. This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation dedicated to ensuring we meet the needs of the patients we serve through the generosity of our donors.
The IBTS is now seeking to appoint a new leader to replace the current CEO who will be retiring from the position in June 2020.
Your principal accountabilities will be to:
- Lead the strategic direction of the IBTS, overseeing the implementation of its strategy and delivering on its core mission of providing safe and sustainable supplies of blood, platelets and tissue services to the patients of Ireland.
- Work closely with the Executive and Chair of the Board to ensure compliance with the Code of Corporate Governance and the Department of Health to ensure that the IBTS supports the national healthcare strategy.
- Account for the IBTS budget and deliver value for money.
- Liaise with the HSE on the delivery of services and the development of improvements in patient care that involve IBTS services.
You should have:
- Senior operational management and policy experience in an environment which is regulated either in the public or private sector.
- A demonstrable successful track record in the leadership and motivation of a diverse staff, together with the strategic capability, drive and influencing skills to ensure that the IBTS delivers a high class transfusion service underpinned by a modern quality management system.
- A proven track record in working with a wide range of strategic stakeholders.
- Experience of delivering major change programmes and excellent analytical skills with the ability to evaluate policy options.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build collaborations internally and externally.
If you believe you have the drive, passion and experience necessary to take on this challenging role then you should forward a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and supporting letter by email to IBTS@odgersberndtson.com for the attention of Deirdre O’Shaughnessy, Partner, Odgers Berndtson.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 25th October 2019.
Candidates for this role will be sourced through both an advertising and search process.
The IBTS is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Chief Executive Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly