Head of Human Resources
Responsible for the overall strategic HR function of the organisation and to provide effective leadership in ensuring Human Resources policies, practices and training and development initiatives are aligned with the organisation’s strategy.The post holder will also play a key role in transforming and modernising the Human Resources function in NSAI and will also be responsible for supporting the needs and core values of the organisation as part of its service delivery to its stakeholders and customers (both internal and external)
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage and develop the human resources function within the organisation to support the successful implementation of the NSAI Strategy.
- Work with the CEO in the development of the Management Team in line with strategic objectives both for the organisation and within each Division.
- Responsible for the management of the industrial relations environment and processes in NSAI, within the context of working to achieve a harmonious industrial relations climate.
- Develop and implement proposals for the introduction of a high-performance Leadership Development Programme for all senior managers in the organisation.
- Develop HR related procedures consistent with NSAI’s strategy, vision and that appropriate policies and systems are in place to support changes to meet organisational needs and legislation changes.
- Lead and manage NSAI’s HR Department and ensure the delivery and implementation of a cost-effective HR service to NSAI.
- Facilitate a strategic Change Management programme in line with the organisation strategy and assist with the development of the organisation and its culture.
- Assist the CEO and Senior Management team to define leadership behaviours and competencies to support the organisations strategic plan.
- Informing and influencing at all levels of the organisation (with regard for Human Resources initiatives) in achieving excellence in HR policy and practice through developing and managing progressive human resources strategies in the areas of:
- Training and development.
- Change management and employee communication/engagement.
- Performance Management and Development System (PMDS).
- Staffing/resourcing for all roles.
- Remuneration, pensions and benefits and organisation development.
- Management of employee relations and industrial relations.
- Assist Heads of Departments to develop their organisation and divisional operational plans by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and providing support in the implementation of these plans.
- Maximise staff engagement by encouraging and assisting in the development of a positive employee relations culture.
- Ensure close working relationships with the Department of Business Enterprise and Innovation, on all organisational resourcing related matters.
- Responsible for all NSAI related Health & Safety matters and ensuring H&S compliance always throughout the organisation.
- Manage specific projects and requirements of continuous improvement or change management initiatives as may be required from time to time.
- Ensure dignity respect and equality is applied throughout the organisation.
- Compliance with the internal budgetary control mechanisms.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3rd level degree qualification in either Human Resource Management, or related discipline.
- Possess at least five years’ experience in a senior HR position, with an excellent track record in all facets of the Human Resources function.
- A proven track record of designing and successfully implementing HR strategies is essential, together with the ability to perform effectively at both strategic and operational level.
- Have a strong record of team building and the implementation of HR policies that reflect “best practice”.
- A high-level understanding of industrial relations, public service agreements and the industrial relations machinery of the State.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
- Experience of working as part of a high-performance team and a proven ability to develop, and mentor staff.
- Proven experience of leading / managing change in an organisation.
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills to include stakeholder management.
- Proven experience in the coaching and influencing of managers at leadership level.
- Excellent ability to exercise sound judgement, confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage high workloads and conflicting priorities.
- Excellent IT skills, reporting and presentation skills.
- Experience of working in a Public Sector HR environment would be an advantage.
Human Resource Management, Leadership, CIPD, Union Relations, Employee Engagement, Organisational Development, Industrial Relations, Restructures
Pension, Laptop, 30 days annual leave