5 days left
- Full Time
The role will report to the Head of Finance in the Business Services Directorate of TII. The role will be responsible for managing the resources, systems and processes of the Finance team which transacted in excess of €2bn euros in 2018.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements and audit files for audit by the Comptroller and Auditor General;
- Reporting for Management and as required for the Board, Audit and Risk Committee and the Department of Tourism and Sport (DTTaS);
- Corporate Budget preparation and forecasting ;
- Providing strong business and financial leadership to support business decisions;
- Management of finance function responsibilities including payroll, pension, taxation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, grants, treasury management and fixed assets;
- Delivering modern financial reporting and transaction processing systems supporting strong internal controls;
- Ensuring a documented control environment that operates effectively to deliver strong internal controls over reporting, processing and other areas for which finance is responsible;
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the key competencies for an Assistant Principal Higher position, as well as the following experience and job-specific requirements:
- Qualified Accountant with seven year’s minimum post qualification experience in a relevant finance function environment
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the public sector regulatory and working environment.
- Understand the requirements of key external stakeholders such as Government Departments, local authorities and other State Bodies
- Fundamental understanding of corporate governance, business and operational risk and internal control processes and procedures
- Strong record of delivery and technical expertise in the key areas of financial and management reporting and accounting and tax compliance
- Strong record of delivery in internal control, audit preparation and management, and resource and personnel management
To apply for, or to locate further information on, these posts please visit our website: https://www.tii.ie/careers/
The closing date for applications is 12pm (noon) Friday, 27th September, 2019
Transport Infrastructure Ireland is committed to a policy of equal opportunity.