Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Our client, a well-established Irish company operating in the Construction industry are looking to recruit an experienced Environmental Health & Safety Manager to join their team.
As the EHS Manager, you will be responsible for management of EHS – providing a high level of guidance to the business.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced H&S Specialist to progress their career with an established business.
- Responsible for the retention of external certifications of Integrated Management System ISO14001, and Safe-T-cert and to ensure continuing compliance of EHS activities with applicable legislation.
- Support effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management by team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, reporting.
- Champion behaviour change to reduce loss events & increase productivity/profit.
- Assist with completing EHS pre-qualification tenders & attended pre-qualification meetings/interviews.
- Chair & direct EHS Steering Committee meetings.
- Continual promotion of the EHS ethos and culture at all levels in the Company, including supply chain.
- Manage EHS department operations and capital budget within agreed targets and contribute to the annual preparation of these budgets.
- Liaise with clients, consultants & various regulatory bodies on all EHS aspects for day to day operations.
- Engage with insurance providers to review subcontractor insurances, loss event claims and seek reductions in premiums.
- Work closely with HR department to ensure employee wellbeing is always considered and minimise HR/IR issues.
- Lead all investigations for loss events, ensuring events are fully investigated, root causes identified and CAPA identified, implemented and evaluated.
- Prepare and distribute regular EHS alerts as required.
- Identify new and ongoing EHS training, develop and provide statutory and bespoke EHS training and ensure EHS information/databases are kept up to date, including CPD training, Construction Industry Register Ireland (CIRI).
- Compile and report EHS KPI’s as agreed with the board and project teams and drive improvement programs to establish as a high performing business in relation to EHS control.
- Must hold a minimum Level 8 Diploma in Health and Safety Management or equivalent.
- 10 years previous experience working within a fast-paced environment within the construction industry
- Mechanical and electrical experience a distinct advantage.
- Strong and proven ability to influence change and be a champion of best practice.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Computer literate, excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and a general competence in utilising new technologies.
- Experience managing Integrated Management System in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and Safe-T-cert.
- CIF PSCS certified or similar.
- FETAC Manual Handling Instructor.
- Membership of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health, preferably chartered status.
The successful candidate can expect an excellent salary + benefits, and the opportunity to join a leading company with progression opportunities.
Apply for Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly