Chief Executive Officer
“Western Care Association exists to empower people with a wide range of learning and associated disabilities in County Mayo to live full and satisfied lives as equal citizens.” …… Mission Statement
Western Care is a community-based service with a history of innovation, community engagement and commitment to excellent service provision. The Association supports over a 1000 children and adults and employs over 900 people, providing a wide range of services.
Applications are invited for the following permanent full time position
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
CASTLEBAR, CO. MAYO
Post Reference No: 2019-50
This is an exciting leadership opportunity in a progressive and ambitious human service organisation.
The primary function of this role is to set strategic direction for the Association, and provide effective leadership and stewardship of the Association so that its services and supports are effectively planned, developed and delivered in accordance with the mission, vision and values of Western Care Association, in line with best practice governance.
Who we are looking for:
The Association seeks applications from high-calibre dynamic individuals with organisation leadership experience at CEO or executive management level together with strong knowledge, experience and understanding of the sector. Applicants with an exceptional history of achievement in another sector may also be considered.
Relevant Qualifications and Experience:
- Ambition for people with disabilities to have full lives as equal citizens
- Strong organisation leadership experience of at least three years
- Senior experience of managing substantial budgets and staff numbers
- Significant experience of implementing approaches to quality assurance and improvement within a regulatory environment
- Knowledge and understanding of the national context for disability services, including sector policies and trends
- High level experience of building and sustaining external stakeholder relationships
- High level of initiative, motivation, commitment and professionalism
- Level 8 Degree or equivalent in a relevant professional or management discipline
- Full driver’s license and use of / access to a car required
A full job description and application form is available from our website at
www.westerncare.com under Current Vacancies
Informal enquiries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS MUST BE MADE USING SPECIFIC APPLICATION FORM FOR THE POST
Forward Completed Applications to: email to: email@example.com
Closing Date for Receipt of Applications is MONDAY, 16th SEPTEMBER, 2019 AT 5.00 P.M.
Western Care Association is an equal opportunities employer