Director of Finance, Governance and Information Technology
Ireland’s leading children’s charity is recruiting:
Director of Finance,
Governance and Information Technology
Competitive Remuneration Package on offer, salary dependant on experience
Barnardos National Office, Christchurch Square, Dublin 8 with travel as required.
What does our Finance Dept do?
The Finance department provides financial support to Barnardos 40 services and projects and manages the finances of the organisation which employs 430 staff.
We provide the following services:
- Produce the Financial Statements
- Budget Preparation
- Detailed review of actual income/expenditure to budget
- Liaise with the Auditors
- Process Payroll, Pensions & Expenses
- Payments to suppliers
- Reporting to and negotiations with Funders
What will the Director of Finance, Governance and IT do?
They will lead the development and strategic direction of the Finance, IT and Facilities, Governance and Risk areas in Barnardos.
They will participate in the strategic management and development of Barnardos as a member of the Senior Management Team and work with the Director of Fundraising and the Director of Children’s Services with regard to the strategic development of fundraising and statutory funding activities.
Who are we looking for?
- Dynamic, highly motivated and proactive self starter
- Committed, driven, hard working
- Ability to prioritise competing demands and to meet deadlines
- Positive, consistent, thorough and accurate
- Good verbal and written communication skills along with an excellent problem solving ability
- Strong team player
- Awareness of confidentiality and the ability to deal with sensitive queries
- Flexible and adaptable
Experience and Knowledge
- A qualified accountant with minimum 7 years post qualification experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Senior Management Finance role
- At least one years’ experience of managing Data Protection.
- Knowledge of current best practice and reporting requirements in Finance, IT and Governance.
- Management of multi-disciplinary team and experience of working closely with other departments
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector and Charities SORP is desirable
- Audit practice experience is desirable
- Experience of managing IT is desirable
- High level leadership and people management skills
- Ability to think strategically and translate into effective action plans
- Financial and analytical skills for scenario planning, budget/forecast design and monitoring
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship building skills with internal and external audiences
A qualified Chartered, Certified or Management Accountant is required. A university degree standard qualification is also desirable, ideally in business, finance, or governance areas.
The post holder is initially assigned to work in our National Office, Dublin 8 but may be required in the future to work in other locations in the Dublin area in line with organisational needs.
For confidential enquiries, please call Barbara Dempsey, HR Manager on 01 7080463.
For the full job description and to apply check out www.barnardos.ie/jobs.
Closing date: 5pm, Monday 9th September 2019.
Registered Charity Number is 20010027