Head of Income Generation and Communications
The ISPCA is seeking to recruit a dynamic Head of Income Generation and Communications on a permanent basis. This is a brand new role within the organisation and reports directly to the CEO.
The Head of Income Generation and Communications will be responsible for all of the ISPCA’s income generation and communication activities including the planning, developing and implementing of an Income Generation Strategy to ensure the ISPCA’s future development through new, long-term, sustainable income through focused income generation initiatives. The role will also be responsible for developing and implementing a new Communications Strategy in line with the Income Generation Strategy and the ISPCA strategic objectives.
This will be a new position within the organisation and the successful candidate will need to be self- motivated, highly driven with a demonstrable track record in corporate and high level donor engagement. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to grow and develop the role sustainably over time.
- To oversee the ISPCA’s Income Generation and Communications functions
- To lead the development and implementation of a five-year income generation strategy in line with the ISPCA’s strategic goals to ensure sustainable income growth across a diverse range of income streams and business development and to embed a culture of fundraising across the organisation
- As part of the Income Generation Strategy develop diverse income generation streams including but not limited to:
- Regular donor recruitment and retention (personal giving)
- Major gifts
- Grants and Trusts
- Retail outlets
- Direct Mailing and other regular appeals
- Corporate partnerships (Sponsorships, Payroll Giving, Donations in Kind including volunteering opportunities)
- Business Development (e.g. new activities that will attract sponsorship or funding)
- Donor care
- The Income Generation Strategy must be in line with the ethos of the ISPCA and approved by both the CEO in the first instance and the ISPCA Board of Directors
- To grow the Income Generation and Communications team sustainably over the period of the relevant strategic plans
- To work closely with the CEO and Head of Finance to ensure appropriate controls are in place around the Income Generation function
- To oversee the management of the ISPCA’s CRM system (Thank Q)
- To ensure that all Income Generation streams comply with relevant regulations and codes e.g. Charities Act 2009 and Charities Regulator Codes of Practice on Fundraising
- To line manage two Fundraising staff and to delegate duties as appropriate
- To grow the Fundraising team (dependant on resources)
- To ensure that the Income Generation team and the Communications team are fully integrated and working together as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Lead the development and implementation of an effective Communications Strategy in line with the Income Generation and ISPCA Strategies
- Develop the ISPCA internal communications to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency
- Oversee all external communications to ensure a consistent message across all aspects of the ISPCA work
- To develop the ISPCA’s website and digital presence (including social media) to ensure high quality and consistent online communications and messaging
- To assist the CEO in managing the Public Relations function
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum five years’ experience in a senior Income Generation, Fundraising, Business Development or Communications role within the Irish charity sector
- Demonstrable track record in the Income Generation, Fundraising or Business Development with a proven ability to develop and manage high level donor relationships and to meet or exceed Income Generation targets via a diverse range of Income Generation or Fundraising Stream
- A successful track record in the development and delivery of diverse Income Generation streams in line with organisational strategic objectives and business plans
- An excellent and up to date understanding of: Income Generation and Fundraising principles and methods; donor care, development and management; relationship marketing
- The ability to deliver objectives in the context of the ethos and mission of the ISPCA.
- The ability to multi-task and have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to manage relationships appropriately with corporate and individual sponsors/donors.
- Experience of CRM (ThankQ desirable)
- Knowledge of animal welfare issues (desirable).
To apply, please submit your CV accompanied by a Cover Letter addressed to Gilly Balmer by email to email@example.com for review. A salary range of 70,000 - 90,000 will be considered.
Closing date for applications is Friday 30th August at 5pm.