Executive Director, Ireland
HIV Ireland is a leading national organisation working in the area of HIV. Our mission and vision is to contribute towards a significant reduction in the incidence and prevalence of HIV in Ireland, and towards the realisation of an AIDS-free generation by advocating for individuals living with HIV, preventing new HIV infections and combating HIV-related stigma and discrimination.
Since 1987 HIV Ireland has been consistently engaged in lobbying and campaigning in the promotion of human rights for people living with HIV. Our approach broadly reflects a harm minimisation model which emphasises practical rather than idealised goals. To support its national growth plans the Board of HIV Ireland is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and experienced person to lead the organisation into the next stage of its development.
Reporting to the Chair of the Board of HIV Ireland, the Executive Director will take responsibility for the strategic and operational management of the organisation. This is a hands-on role where driving decisions and empowering people at all levels will be required. A clear commitment to human rights and the values that underpin HIV Irelands work are essential.
- This position presents an excellent opportunity for an experienced leader with at least 10 years proven track record in NGOs, intergovernmental organisations, or the corporate sector.
- As the public face of HIV Ireland, you will have highly developed communication skills and will be capable of engaging and inﬂuencing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- You have proven leadership, governance, finance and change management skills.
- You have significant experience in developing, driving and delivering strategic plans.
- You have an ability to attract and manage funding from diverse sources.
An interest in or previous history of involvement with HIV issues is desirable but not essential.
Further details on this significant opportunity, including remuneration, duties and responsibilities, are available upon request.
Lansdowne Executive Search has been retained by HIV Ireland to manage this recruitment process.
To pursue your interest, please email a comprehensive CV and supporting letter to
Sean McDonagh, Lansdowne Executive Search: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential discussion, please contact Sean at +353 (0)87 796 1062
Closing date for applications is Friday 2nd August 2019
Apply for Executive Director, Ireland
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly