Lecturer/Reader in Management
Queen’s University Belfast is one of the leading universities in the UK and Ireland, with a distinguished heritage and history. With over 24,000 students, 3,700 staff and an annual turnover of some £300m, Queen’s University Belfast plays a unique leadership role in Northern Ireland. As a member of the Russell Group of UK research-intensive universities, Queen’s University Belfast combines excellence in research and education with a student centred ethos.
Queen’s Management School is one of the top business schools in the UK and Ireland and prides itself on offering a world-class range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes in Accounting, Economics, Finance and Management.
A globally renowned centre of education and research, it enjoys close links with the business community, a dedicated placement office and a financial trading room.
To undertake research in line with the School’s research strategy, to teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level, and to contribute to the School’s administration/outreach activity.
Preference will be given to candidates with a special interest in either Business Analytics or Operations Management.
The successful candidate must have:
- PhD completed in Management or related field
- Extensive record of research publications in internationally-ranked refereed journals in either Business Analytics or Operations Management
- Potential to generate external research income
- Teaching and assessment experience at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Evidence of appropriate administrative and academic leadership at a strategic level
- Contribution to a range of community outreach programmes/initiatives
- Ability to advance the research and teaching goals of the School.
- To strengthen the School’s national and international research networks
Further information about the School can be found at https://www.qub.ac.uk/mgt/
Informal enquiries may be directed to, email: Dr Sara Melo, Tel: 4820, email: firstname.lastname@example.org Dr Michael Aldous, Tel: 4549 email: email@example.com
Anticipated interview date: Monday 26 August 2019 and Tuesday 27 August 2019
Salary scale: £51,630 - £59,828 per annum (potential to progress to £65,361 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Wednesday 17 July 2019
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link on our website by clicking apply. For further information or assistance contact The Resourcing Team, People and Culture, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.