Head of Finance
We know it’s our people who make the Central Bank special and we are focused on creating a diverse, inclusive, progressive work environment that supports our one bank vision to be Trusted by the Public, Respected by our Peers and a Fulfilling Workplace for our People.
The Central Bank is currently recruiting for a Head of Finance within the Operations Directorate. This is an exceptional opportunity to join the bank’s leadership team with responsibility for overseeing the bank’s complex balance sheet in the region of €100bn, leading the strategy development for Finance in the Bank, acting as a strategic advisor to the most senior levels within the Bank, as well as representing the bank at euro system levels.
The role holder is responsible for delivering best in class financial reporting, budgetary processes and finance services including management information, payroll and levy invoicing.
Working with us will offer you a wide range of opportunities and experiences including:
- Operating in a truly international organisation, engaging with European counterparts;
- Playing a leading role in the delivery of the Central Bank’s diverse and important mandate;
- Leading the delivery of a strategically important Division through a highly professional team;
- Building a fulfilling career, reaching your full potential, and feeling valued in an environment that supports diversity and inclusion.
What does this role look like?
The successful candidate will have a pivotal role with responsibility for the following key deliverables;
- Setting the strategic direction of the Division whilst ensuring that progress against the Bank strategy is monitored.
- Financial reporting and oversight of a complex balance sheet of over €100bn and an operating cost budget of c€300m.
- Actively participate in the Commission and committee structure of the Bank and provide the Senior Leadership team with advice, insight and direction as appropriate to inform decision-making and sound financial oversight.
- Responsibility for the Bank’s financial records, external & internal financial reporting, employee services (i.e. Payroll & travel) and other financial processes (i.e. levy calculation, issuance & collection, accounts payable, tax compliance) - and for safeguarding the integrity and reputation of the Bank in these areas.Ensuring processes and controls are in place, and adhered to by the wider division.
- Leading and Shaping the Finance division and creating an environment where people can develop to their full capability, where the principles and behaviours of the Bank are lived every day.
- Represent the Division and the Central Bank at Committee level in the ECB and wider international fora on policy and commercial matters.
- Develop productive and collaborative relationships across the Bank and with key external stakeholders to support efficient, high quality financial services for the long-term benefit of the organisation.
What are we looking for?
The role requires significant experience managing a complex finance function coupled with direct experience at Senior management level reporting to Board level. A demonstrable track record in the development and motivation of results –focused teams. You will have a relevant accountancy qualification and relevant experience in process improvement and implementation of fit for purpose IT solutions.
This role is offered on a 5-year fixed term contract and is aligned with the Central Bank’s Head of Division salary grade.
Closing date: 14th June 2019
To apply, please complete the application form attached (via the “apply” link above ). This allows you to tell us why you are the best fit for us.
Before starting your application you will be asked to create a profile with us, this will allow you to track and review your application throughout the process. Click "register" to create a profile and complete the application process.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive an automatic email from us acknowledging receipt. If you do not receive this auto-acknowledgement, please email email@example.com.
Cuirfear fáilte roimh chomhfhreagras í nGaeilge.
The Central Bank of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
We encourage applications from diverse candidates. If we can make any accommodations to enable us to see the best version of you during interview, and/or in how you carry out your role in the Central Bank, please let us know. All information disclosed will be kept confidential.
Flexible working arrangements will be a consideration for the right candidates and we are open to applications from candidates seeking same