International Business Development Officer
Summary of Duties
Working in the Commercial section of the Embassy of Canada to the Republic of Ireland, under the general direction of the Senior Trade Commissioner, the incumbent is responsible for providing integrated International Business Development (IBD), Investment and Innovation support to Canadian companies in Ireland.
The Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) in Ireland provides practical information and advice on the local market and on-the-ground intelligence to help Canadian companies make better, more timely and cost-effective decisions in order to achieve their international business goals. The TCS achieves this by gaining access to international networks, and by identifying partners and resources to enhance the ability of Canadian clients to compete, innovate and secure new business opportunities in Ireland.
The core objective will be the delivery of international business programs, which include, but are not limited to:
- Developing local market knowledge and intelligence, and innovative market access approaches for Canadian companies in Ireland;
- In-depth research, analysis, and reporting on market and industry trends in Ireland relevant to Canadian commercial interests,
- Identifying business leads and opportunities, and providing strategic advice for Canadian exporters of goods, services, and technologies in Ireland;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with local contacts, Canadian clients, and Canadian government and industry stakeholders;
- Contributing to and participating in the commercial team’s business planning cycle, project planning, and management of IBD initiatives;
- Managing budgets, tracking and reporting on results, planning and delivering targeted outcomes in assigned sectors; and
- Supporting the visits of Canadian Ministers, senior-level government officials, and industry associations in Ireland, and other duties as required.
The candidate is a self-starter with demonstrated experience in international business development; is comfortable working independently and in a team environment, and engaging with businesses, clients, partners and other stakeholders on a regular basis.
A full role description, eligibility requirements, and information on the application process are available on our website http://chc.amris.com/wizards_v2/chc/vacancyView.php?requirementId=3332& (click APPLY)
Please click on the link and complete the online application form. Candidates are also required to upload a CV and a covering letter.
Deadline to apply is June 28, 2019 at midnight GMT.