Head of Property
ABOUT THE LAND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
The Land Development Agency (LDA), formed in September 2018, is being established as a commercial state agency, with a nationwide mandate, to use state land to contribute towards the stability and sustainability of Ireland’s housing markets.
Its objectives are to:
- Foster sustainable stability in the Irish housing market;
- Coordinate appropriate State lands for regeneration and development, opening up key sites for housing delivery;
- Driving strategic land assembly, working with both public and private sector land owners; and
- Contributing towards the delivery of affordable housing.
The LDA will be underpinned by grounding legislation, and is overseen by an independent board of directors. The Government has committed to providing the LDA with equity capital of up to €1.25 billion.
This exciting and critically important initiative by the Irish Government requires high calibre people to drive its impact. With this in mind, the LDA is seeking applications for the following key role:
Head of Property
The LDA has access to an initial development portfolio comprising eight sites which will yield c. 3,000 homes.
The Head of Property will be responsible for managing the delivery of homes and other development on these sites and for growing the LDA’s pipeline of further development opportunities on publically owned land. Responsibilities include:
- Management of the LDA’s involvement in development projects from inception through to completion, ranging in value and complexity, working collaboratively with professional teams and development partners.
- Generation of further development opportunities for the LDA through relationships with key stakeholders (including Local Authorities, other Government bodies and commercial State sponsored bodies).
- Oversee the creation of a State Lands database along with key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be a property professional with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a comparable delivery and development role, with an emphasis on housing.
Experience of and relationships within the wider State sector including Local Authorities is a distinct advantage.
Applications should be received by Wednesday June 12th at 5pm.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title in the subject line.