Head of Investment
ABOUT THE LAND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
The Land Development Agency (LDA), formed in September 2018, is being established as a commercial state agency, with a nationwide mandate, to use state land to contribute towards the stability and sustainability of Ireland’s housing markets.
Its objectives are to:
- Foster sustainable stability in the Irish housing market;
- Coordinate appropriate State lands for regeneration and development, opening up key sites for housing delivery;
- Driving strategic land assembly, working with both public and private sector land owners; and
- Contributing towards the delivery of affordable housing.
The LDA will be underpinned by grounding legislation, and is overseen by an independent board of directors. The Government has committed to providing the LDA with equity capital of up to €1.25 billion.
This exciting and critically important initiative by the Irish Government requires high calibre people to drive its impact. With this in mind, the LDA is seeking applications for the following key role:
Head of Investment
The LDA has been allocated capital of up to €1.25bn by the Government and will make significant investment and structuring decisions.
The Head of Investment will be responsible for the development and execution of transactions consistent with the LDA’s investment objectives.
The successful candidate will:
- Drive the development of relationships and transaction opportunities with development / delivery partners, which may range from Local Authorities to private sector developers, contractors and investors.
- Prepare and submit investment proposals to the LDA’s Investment Committee and Board as applicable.
- Be responsible for the establishment of the LDA’s investment function and its development on a medium term basis, including the building out and management of the investment team in line with business requirements.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years’ commercial experience in a similar environment with demonstrable end-to-end transaction execution experience.
Knowledge and/or experience of operating within the public sector is considered an advantage..
Applications should be received by Wednesday June 12th at 5pm.
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com quoting the job title in the subject line.