Commercial Project Manager, Bio-Energy Plant
Coillte is a profitable, commercial semi-state company that manages approximately 7% of Ireland’s land. Coillte operate three main businesses: its core Forestry business, a Land Solutions business and a wood panel manufacturing business MEDITE SMARTPLY.
Building upon these three areas, the company has embarked on an ambitious strategy development program which will deliver significant benefits for Ireland. One of Coillte’s key objectives is to develop an active portfolio of commercial assets and a strong pipeline of business development opportunities. The delivery of a commercially viable solution for a new Bio-Energy Infrastructure Project at Coillte’s Medite manufacturing plant in Clonmel, Co. Tipperary is a key Strategic Project for the Group. It is anticipated that this Project will enable the delivery of all of the energy requirements to meet the full operational needs of the Plant.
Coillte’s recent renewable energy achievements include the sale of its operating wind farm assets to Greencoat Renewables plc for an Enterprise Value of €281M in 2018. The company also recently announced that it is engaged in bi-lateral discussions with the ESB which, if successful, would lead to the establishment of a new joint venture development company to deliver 1,000 MW of renewable energy by 2030.
Commercial Project Manager: Bio Energy Plant
Coillte is seeking to appoint a Commercial Project Manager to lead all stages of this Bio-Energy project including design, planning and environmental permits, financing, commercial procurement, construction and commissioning.
Reporting to the Group Strategic Projects Director, the Commercial Project Manager will interact with a diversity of stakeholders to ensure that a feasible project plan is delivered and that an effective risk management process is in place.
This position requires exemplary abilities in leadership and efficient project delivery, based on a structured approach and methodology. The successful candidate will have a significant track record in a relevant area that will ideally include exposure to renewable energy projects. Strong abilities in reporting, administration, commercial modelling and assessment are essential.
A professional qualification or Primary degree in a relevant discipline is required, with an additional qualification preferred.
- Manage all stages of the Project from design, planning and environmental permits, financial modelling, commercial procurement, construction and commissioning;
- Lead and manage the Project Team and all relevant stakeholders for high performance and quality delivery of the project on time and on budget;
- Implement best practice in governance processes, project controls, performance management and risk management;
Essential Qualifications & Skills:
- Qualification in Engineering or related discipline (HETAC Level 8) with 5+ years’ experience in large scale infrastructure project management
- In-depth understanding of the energy market, systems and environmental aspects of biomass combustion and community engagement
- Experienced in managing project economics and financing models
- Ability to promote a safe working environment and to ensure compliance with environmental and regulatory standards
- Best-in-class project management and planning skills with high energy and commitment to best practice and continuous improvement
- Proven track record in managing a team of technical experts, both in-house and external service providers, to successful outcomes
- Excellent commercial and negotiation skills
- Experience of managing diverse stakeholders/service providers
To apply, please email a comprehensive CV and supporting letter to: Luke.Freeley@lansdownesearch.ie
Closing Date for receipt of applications is Thursday, May 30th, 2019.
This role will be offered on the basis of a 2-Year Fixed-Term Contract.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Luke Freeley: +353 1 534 5115
Candidates for this post will be sourced through both advertising and executive search processes