Director of Operations and Organisational Development
5 days left
- Full Time
The Commission for Regulation of Utilities (CRU) is Ireland’s independent energy and water regulator. Our mission is to regulate water, energy and energy safety in the public interest.
Reporting directly to the Commission, the Director of Operations and Organisational Development is a new role within the CRU Senior Management Team. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute effectively to CRU activities and decisions, as well as playing an important role in the strategy, governance and development of the organisation. The new Director will lead our expert teams in HR, ICT, Finance and Communications, as well as supporting the broader CRU teams to develop the organisation and deliver on our strategy and vision. This encompasses delivery of best practice regulation, governance, organisational development and strategy implementation
Key elements of the Director of Operations and Organisational Development’s role include:
- Deploy organisational development within CRU to foster and maintain a high-performance culture and organisation.
- Promote the continuous development of best practice regulation within the CRU, embedding consistent approaches to core regulatory tasks across water, energy and energy safety.
- Oversee the coordinated delivery of overall CRU strategy (Strategic Plan 2019-2021) and implement the associated new Workforce Plan and Communications Strategy.
- Drive and support delivery of OECD recommendations in Driving Performance at Ireland’s Commission for Regulation of Utilities in the areas of governance, accountability and communications.
- Lead a new approach to external communications for CRU, to reach out to consumers, citizens and stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholder groups,
- including our relevant Government Departments,DCCAE and DHCLG.
A full role description is available on our website at www.cru.ie
The CRU offers an attractive work package, with a salary scale for this position of €134,307 - €153,528. (Please note that if you are an existing public servant the non-PPC salary scale may apply).
For information on the application process, interested candidates should visit the careers page on www.cru.ie
The closing date for applications is 12 midnight on Friday 31st May 2019.