Chief Executive Officer
Founded by the vision of Katherine Zappone and Ann-Louise Gilligan, An Cosán (The Path) has been building pathways out of poverty since 1986. Thanks to the efforts of our founders and others such as current CEO Liz Waters – An Cosán is now the pre-eminent community education resource in Ireland. The organisation provides the spectrum of education across 81 locations for over 1,000 clients every year. With its roots in Tallaght, the organisation has expanded across Dublin and developed nationally with the launch of An Cosán Virtual Community College in 2015.
2017 and 2018 have been record years for An Cosán in terms of the funds raised and services provided. There is now a huge opportunity to build on this progress and, with the retirement of Liz Waters, we now seek a leader for the next phase of our growth. The next CEO of An Cosán will have the capacity and the empathy to further our vision.
As well as being a high calibre, dynamic individual, you will also have a proven track record leading an organisation and a profound understanding of the structural injustice of poverty. An Cosán receives State funding and has won support from leading corporations, foundations and individual benefactors. As CEO you must be able to operate successfully in these networks.
The CEO serves as the principal resource to the Board of Directors and its key committees and gives direction in policy formulation and interpretation. The CEO is also accountable for building and leading a high-performing management team and ensuring all teams are aligned and collaborating to achieve results which advance individual and community development. Reporting to the Board via the Chair the CEO’s principal accountabilities will include
- Strategic planning and development of the resources of An Cosán
- Working with the entire team to ensure they are the best they can be and that we provide the best quality services
- Leading the articulation of the vision for An Cosán and campaigning for the rights of our users
- Maintaining and developing effective working relationships with relevant public & private bodies, locally and nationally
- Maintaining the highest standards of corporate governance
To be successful in this role the incoming CEO will need to demonstrate
- A clear track record of successful strategic development and scaling organisational impact
- An understanding of adult education and/or early years education and care
- Familiarity with the not for profit sector would be an advantage
- A deep understanding of leadership and what it is to be a leader
- A profound grasp of the issues affecting those living with effects of poverty in Ireland today
- Buy in to the mission that An Cosán has set itself
- The ambition, empathy and enthusiasm to make all around you believe.
You’ll know if you can and want to be CEO of An Cosán, and so to express interest please forward a comprehensive CV and personal statement outlining your fit for the role to email@example.com
For further information please contact Patricia Keating on 086 418 3770 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 5pm on Friday 7th June 2019
An Cosán is an equal opportunities employer and this is an open recruitment process where the final decision will be based solely on merit. Canvassing will automatically disqualify candidates. Applications are invited from suitably qualified female and male candidates.