Major Gifts Manager
Reporting to: Charity Manager
The Irish Blue Cross is currently recruiting for a new and exciting position of Major Gifts Manager, based at its main office at Inchicore. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced fundraising professional to join the charity’s team. The job holder will be responsible for delivering significant levels of new income from corporates, trusts, foundations and donors, and for developing legacy giving. This role offers tremendous scope for the successful candidate to develop new areas of revenue, leveraging off an existing donor database.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy to generate major gift revenue from corporates, trusts, foundations, high net worth individuals and legacy giving
- Research, identify, cultivate, secure and manage new major gift revenue for funding the charity’s services and capital projects
- Develop a pipeline of major gift donors for continued and forecastable funding
- Network with appropriate and relevant stakeholders in racing, veterinary, pharmaceutical, healthcare and other sectors, building effective and sustainable relationships
- Craft and deliver compelling professional proposals to capture donor support
- Meet annual revenue targets and KPI’s while ensuring all activities are carried out within budget with a cost-conscious approach
- Ensure appropriate, professional and timely gift acknowledgements, supporting an ethos of relationship building with all donors
- Work with the fundraising team to integrate the new major gifts strategy with existing fundraising campaigns, offline and online
- Work collaboratively with volunteers and management to identify and develop cultivation events and campaigns
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in the Irish not-for-profit sector with a proven track record in securing major gifts from high net worth individuals, companies, trusts and foundations
- Marketing or business third level degree or equivalent
- Proven fundraising and donor development skills
- Ability to inspire philanthropic giving at the highest level
- Proactive approach to identifying and influencing high-level funders
- A keen interest in animal welfare
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills
- Ability to deliver revenue and relationship building goals
- A strong knowledge of charity legislation, ethical fundraising practices and data protection
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks, working both independently and with colleagues to meet deadlines
- Strong database, IT (MS Office) skills, preferably with Raisers Edge or similar donor database experience
- Excellent oral communication, proposal writing and presentation skills; ability to prepare well-designed reports and documents with attention to detail
- Fluent English; Full clean driving license
- Experience in all areas of major gift work a plus
- Successful track record in provision of analyses and feedback on achievements at Management and Board level
- An understanding of digital marketing including social, search, CRM management and content marketing
Contract terms and conditions:
The hours of work are 35 per week, 9.00AM – 5.00PM Monday to Friday. As with all fundraising roles a flexible approach to working hours is required, which may involve working on evenings and weekends.
Salary: €45,000-€55,000 (commensurate with experience)
How to apply for this post:
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter in the strictest confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications has been extended to 9.00PM, Sunday 19th May, 2019.
The Irish Blue Cross is an equal opportunities employer.
This job description is intended to outline key duties and responsibilities for this position.
It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and activities required. A flexible approach to tasks that are not specifically detailed in this job description will be required.
About the organisation
The Irish Blue Cross is an animal care charity founded in Ireland in 1945, well known for the provision of pet care to the least well-off pet owners in the Dublin region. Our teams deliver in the region of 27,000 veterinary treatments and procedures annually at our ten mobile veterinary clinics and the main Inchicore Clinic. Our vets ensure pets are restored to full health and receive preventative care to defend against disease.
The Irish Blue Cross horse ambulance service operates at all Irish race meetings and at main events such as the RDS Horse Show and Tattersalls International Horse Trials each year. Our operatives work with veterinary officers to assist equine that become injured or require assistance during racing and events.
The Irish Blue Cross operates its main office and small-animal clinic at 15A Goldenbridge Industrial Estate, Inchicore, Dublin 8, D08EY92.
Registered Charity No. 20203128 and Reg. Co. No 637671.