Director of Finance
Exciting Career Opportunity
St. James’s Hospital is Ireland’s largest Academic Teaching Hospital with resources of 4,300 multi-disciplinary staff, over 1,000 beds, and a gross annual turnover of circa €450m. Our commitment is to be a leading healthcare organisation nationally and internationally where we deliver safe high quality outcomes and experiences to our patients. We are doing this by refining our clinical pathways, investing in our capabilities, strengthening education, research and innovation on our campus and building our reputation as an employer of choice. The most recent representation of this commitment is our introduction of the most advanced Electronic Patient Record in the Irish acute hospital system.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for the permanent position of:
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
The Director of Finance will be accountable to the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for developing the existing strong financial Accountability culture. The Director of Finance is a key member of the executive team and reports directly to the Board and its subcommittees on financial matters.
The successful candidate must be a Qualified Accountant who possesses the professional and personal capacity to discharge the functions of the post with proven managerial ability and experience. Candidates should also have:
- Experience in leading a diverse team of financial staff
- A working knowledge and direct experience with modern accounting and financial principles and computerised financial and accounting systems, including responsibility accounting, costing and financial management
- Experience at senior level in managing the finances of a large and complex organisation with diverse interdependencies
- Had involvement at a senior level in development programmes including capital and system changes
- Ideally have in-depth knowledge of public healthcare financing and public administration and accounting systems
Please go to www.stjames.ie/careers for further information on this Post. Informal enquiries to Mr Lorcan Birthistle, Chief Executive Officer on Tel: 01 4162587 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position please forward a letter of application, along with a copy of your Curriculum Vitae to the Human Resources Directorate, Hospital One Top Floor, St. James’s Hospital, James’s Street, Dublin 8 or Email: email@example.com
Closing date is Sunday, 28th April 2019.