Inpatient Service Manager - Private Hospital
We are looking for an individual with a clinical background (nursing, pharmacy or other specialties) and management experience to take up a senior management post in an acute private hospital in Dublin on a permanent basis.
Snapshot into some of the aspects of the role:
The primary focus of this job is on the business side, ensuring maximum utilisation and process changes to improve efficiencies in the operation of the hospital. Particular focus will be placed on the area of patient services, focused on discharge processes and how to maximize the bed occupancy and utilization. This role would work closely with managers of procedure area (e.g. daycare, endoscopy, CAT lab etc), and will identify and improve as well as implement changes to ensure maximum resource utilisation.
This role would negotiate with senior nursing staff and consultants on an ongoing basis, thereby you would need to have an intricate understanding of clinical and patient care service provision in the hospital framework. Yet the focus is not to operate on a clinical role but to have a business-driven focus.
While having a daily operational aspect, this role will have project-based work as per the requirements of the hospital. An example of a given project is the Discharge Process Review involving the patient length of stay, communication process, and resulting clinical practice implementation – in terms of communicating with patients.
Process improvement will be a big aspect of the job involving identification of bottlenecks, understanding the demands of the hospital and how they are handled.
Direct Reports: This role will have several direct reports including Be Manager, Discharge Manager, Admission Supervisor, as well as Clinical Nurse Managers for designated wards and also Surgical ward.
Career Direction: The experience you will get in such role will put you in the direction of senior hospital management, including progression to director level.
Salary: 67-80k DOE
- Contribute to the preparation and oversight of budgetary and workforce plans to ensure efficient and effective service delivery.
In conjunction with the other service line managers, drive activity and services to deliver on the Hospital’s overall operational targets and objectives as detailed in the annual budget and operational objectives.
- Continually review services and work with colleagues to redesign services in order to meet the needs of patients and enable the hospital to achieve key performance indicators.
- Represent the hospital as required and ensure the hospitals’ aims and values are shared with relevant stakeholders (referring Consultants, patients and staff).
- Participate and contribute to various hospital committees as directed.
- Participation in and on-going identification of personal training and development needs and those of the team.
Co-operate and communicate effectively with all departments to develop and implement annual operational plans that contribute to the delivery of inpatient services and meet Hospital objectives and KPI’s (quality, activity and financial) within the resources available.
- Promote and deliver service improvements/ modernization/ efficiencies:
- Map and analyze patient journeys with multi-disciplinary teams and identify opportunities for improvement through service redesign.
- Actively lead and manage the implementation of service changes and/or minor capital projects to improve patient care and efficiency through project management.
- Preparation of business cases and other proposals to secure appropriate staffing, equipment and financial resources for the service as required.
- Contribute to ensuring safe and high-quality services through compliance with relevant standards within the Hospital/service area.
- Ensure compliance with all hospital policies, procedures and standards and contribute to their formulation as appropriate.
- As appropriate and in conjunction with the relevant clinical and non-clinical support managers, manage risk management issues and reduction of risk to the service.
Be responsible for operational management/service delivery including:
- Delivery of safe, efficient and effective services to patients.
- Coordination of regular service user Meetings.
Oversight to Resource Management
- Responsible for financial control across allocated service areas including
- Develop/agree on annual budget in collaboration with the Finance Director and Director of Clinical Operations.
- Forecast and monitor activity in line with Hospital targets.
- Work with clinical and non-clinical support managers to ensure that the inpatient service line operates within its’ agreed budget and ensuring that planned activity is delivered within allocated resources (including staffing).
- Control/influence (as appropriate) income and expenditure within remit, ensuring effective use of resources.
- Work with the Business Analyst to embed and develop activity-based costing practice and structures within the Inpatient Service.
- Working with clinical and non-clinical support managers, ensure resource utilization is regularly reviewed and maintained at optimal levels of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Escalate and advise of adverse variances and planned actions to manage same.
- Determine information needs and ensure appropriate and timely data collection mechanisms are established to support capacity and demand analysis by:
- Monitoring data quality and integrity across the Service, ensuring that data generated is an accurate reflection of activity (forecasts and actuals).
- Ensure that all relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are met and if not met, establish appropriate action plans to manage adverse variances.
If you are interested in this job apply below. I also have more senior roles within Social Care, but also within QC, QA, QP, PV, RA, Validation, CQV, and other areas of pharmaceutical, medical device and biologics companies. Send me an email for a full job spec detail and to schedule a confidential chat - to firstname.lastname@example.org about roles or salary levels within these sectors. My direct contact is (01 4744692)