IT Project Manager - 18 Month FTC
In this high-performance world, the quality of leadership determines the success of any organisation.
IMI’s mission is to equip leaders to build the future. We are world-class specialists in enabling and inspiring leadership performance. We challenge and support leaders to fulﬁl their ambition - unlocking their potential and giving them the skills to deliver exceptional performance.
We’ve been shaping world-class executives for over sixty years. Founded by business leaders, for business leaders, in partnership with UCC’s expert research faculty, we deliver intensively practical executive education that works in the real world. Our unique global rankings are a testament to our impact.
Any day spent at IMI challenges assumptions, deepens perspective and amplifies ability to lead… Do you have what it takes to work with IMI? Join us on our mission to equip leaders to build the future, and you will shape the future of leadership in Ireland.
IT Project Manager – 18 Month FTC
IMI is embarking on a significant transformation, to enable the delivery of its strategy and to ensure the organisation operates as efficiently and effectively as possible. Reporting to the Director of Operations and Organisational Transformation, this new role will work alongside two additional new roles: The Business Process Analyst and the Customer Experience Manager, as part of a transformation project team. The objective of this team will be to create a future fit, agile organisation that delivers high-quality products and services to its customers. The role requires the ability to engage at all levels of the organisation in order to review, plan, organise, and integrate cross-functional information technology projects across the business.
- Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Lead the development and implementation of an IT strategy
- Overall responsibility for the identification, prioritisation, initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of selected IT projects
- Leading IT-related tendering and procurement processes
- Organise and manage all phases of selected IT projects to ensure on-time and on budget completion
- Engage with stakeholders, 3rd party vendors and partners to identify synergies that create efficiencies, costs reductions and creative IT solutions for IMI
- Review current IT systems and identify areas for improvement, optimisation and change
- Analyse and assess new technologies for business optimisation and automation in line with business goals
- Conduct IT needs analysis across the business through interviews, workshops and surveys
- Create reports and presentations on the outcome of the analysis and present findings and recommendations to senior management
- Prepare requests for proposals and conduct all necessary meetings to facilitate selection of project services and products
- Plan and oversee project communications
- Work closely with the IT team, Business Process Analysist and Customer Experience Manager to ensure IT strategy aligns with process improvement, quality assurance and overall customer experience
- Lead the IT team in day to day and project delivery tasks
- Develop and implement IT policy and best practice guides for the organisation
- Recommend and track IT-related key performance indicators
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Previous team lead experience
- Proven working experience in IT project management
- Previous experience of drafting IT strategy, IT policy and best practice guides for the organisation
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture and client/server technology
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is an advantage
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, with changing priorities
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation in introducing new processes or business solutions
- Knowledge and experience of the global executive educational environment would be an advantage.