Head of Strategy
In this high-performance world, the quality of leadership determines the success of any organisation.
IMI’s mission is to equip leaders to build the future. We are world-class specialists in enabling and inspiring leadership performance. We challenge and support leaders to fulﬁl their ambition - unlocking their potential and giving them the skills to deliver exceptional performance.
We’ve been shaping world-class executives for over sixty years. Founded by business leaders, for business leaders, in partnership with UCC’s expert research faculty, we deliver intensively practical executive education that works in the real world. Our unique global rankings are a testament to our impact.
Any day spent at IMI challenges assumptions, deepens perspective and amplifies ability to lead… Do you have what it takes to work with IMI? Join us on our mission to equip leaders to build the future, and you will shape the future of leadership in Ireland.
Head of Strategy
To enable the long-term sustainability and development of IMI through coordinating and leading the development of corporate strategy, developing and overseeing the implementation of strategic execution plans and related reporting systems, and facilitating strategic shareholder collaboration. In particular, this role will support the identification of opportunities for step-change innovation for IMI. Engagement with the Senior Management Team, leaders from across the business, and senior stakeholders will be a key aspect of role.
(Key responsibilities include, but may not be limited to):
- Develop and oversee ongoing strategic planning processes for IMI.
- Coordinate and lead the development of future strategic plans, and the related strategic components of annual business plans.
- Commission and oversee the development of third-party research to support the development of IMI strategy.
- Develop systems for strategic engagement with key stakeholders within and outside the business, including the IMI senior management team and staff, the IMI Board and Council, senior customers, industry stakeholders and UCC colleagues.
- Identify and engage with international groups and experts in the executive education industry to inform IMI’s understanding of the market. Prepare related briefing reports to share this insight with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and implement systems for monitoring the activities of identified competitors and benchmark organisations.
- Strategy implementation and reporting
- Lead the communication of IMI’s strategic plans across the business and with senior stakeholders through the preparation of relevant documentation, presentations, etc.
- Develop and implement systems to ensure the delivery and monitoring of progress towards the delivery of strategic objectives, including liaising with senior management to coordinate the cascade of strategic goals to staff through the annual goal setting process.
- Prepare regular strategic delivery reports for senior management and the IMI Board
Step change innovation
- Develop systems for the identification, prioritisation and experimentation of “step change” innovation opportunities.
- Provide project-management leadership for step change innovation projects.
- Participate in discussions with external entities to explore the potential for the evolution of IMI’s value proposition and business model innovation, e.g. initiatives to support scaling, strategic partnerships, etc. and prepare business cases to support recommendations.
- Ensure that arrangements are in place to capture and integrate learning derived from step change innovation projects.
- 3rd level qualification in business or related discipline.
- Very strong strategic perspective with at least three years’ experience in a strategy development and monitoring role.
- Experience of strategy, value proposition development and business model innovation in a transformation environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong familiarity with the executive education industry, as a provider or customer an advantage.
- Proven ability to identify problems and issues and work on own initiative to develop, agree and implement solutions
- Shareholder and stakeholder strategy and management.
- Commercial/innovation orientation.
- Excellent written and oral communications, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent collaboration and teamworking skills.
- Programme and project management experience.
How to apply:
Please forward any enquiries and/or your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 12.00 (GMT) on Friday 5th of April.