Chief Executive Officer
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Courts Service wishes to recruit a Chief Executive Officer to lead and direct the management of the Courts and implement a strategic change programme to modernise the delivery of services.
Established in 1999 as an independent statutory body, the Courts Service manages the courts and provides support services for the judiciary, the third branch of Government.
The Chief Executive Officer is a member of and reports to the Board. The Chief Executive Officer leads an organisation of over 1050 staff in offices nationwide, manages an annual budget of €138m and court funds in excess of €1.9bn. The Chief Executive Officer is also the Accounting Officer for the Courts Service.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual, committed to the delivery of public services at the highest standard, to lead a dynamic and successful organisation through the next phase of its development.
This executive leadership position requires a demonstrable track record of developing and implementing strategy in a complex operational environment. The successful candidate should be able to show:successful candidate should be able to show:
- Strategic thinking and vision
- Leadership with the ability to inspire and motivate others through a process of change in an organisation of significant scale and complexity
- A record of high performance, drive and resilience with a delivery focus
- Sound judgement and the environmental awareness necessary to deal with complex policy and operational issues
- Experience of building and maintaining collaborative and productive working relationships with partners and stakeholders to deliver change
- Highly effective communication skills including the ability to inspire confidence and influence at the most senior levels
Knowledge and understanding of the courts and the legal system, while not essential, would be desirable.
Applications including a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and a personal statement of no more than 2 pages outlining why you wish to be considered for the post and setting out your relevant achievements and experience in your career to date, should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to Ms. Marie Ryan, Secretary, Courts Service Board, The Courts Service, Phoenix House, Smithfield, Dublin 7, D07F95Y.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon on Thursday 28th March 2019.
For additional information consult our website at www.courts.ie or contact Ms. Marie Ryan, Tel: 01 8886432.
The Courts Service is an equal opportunities employer.