Lecturer in Economics
Queen’s University Belfast is one of the leading universities in the UK and Ireland, with a distinguished heritage and history. With over 24,000 students, 3,700 staff and an annual turnover of some £300m, Queen’s University Belfast plays a unique leadership role in Northern Ireland. As a member of the Russell Group of UK research-intensive universities, Queen’s University Belfast combines excellence in research and education with a student centred ethos.
Queen’s Management School is one of the top Business Schools in the UK and Ireland and has been educating business professionals and leaders for more than forty years. The School has four departments – Accounting, Economics, Finance and Management.
A globally renowned centre of education and research, it enjoys close links with the business community, a dedicated placement office and a financial trading room.
The Lecturer in Economics will undertake research in line with the School’s research strategy, teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level, and to contribute to School’s administration/outreach activity.
Applicants from any field of Economics are welcomed.
Our five core values (Integrity, Connected, Ambition, Respect, Excellence) have been developed by staff and students. They express our shared understanding of what we believe, how we aim to behave and what we aspire to be as an international organisation.
The successful candidate will have:
- PhD in Economics (or cognate field) or within six months of completion
- Potential to publish at an international standard in any area of Economics
- Potential to earn external research income
- Teaching and assessment experience at undergraduate or postgraduate levels in Economics
- Evidence of appropriate administrative experience
- Ability to advance the research and teaching goals of the School
- To strengthen the School’s national and international research networks
- Must demonstrate evidence of ability to communicate clearly and effectively to students, academic colleagues and to professional bodies and managers
- Ability to provide effective leadership
- Evidence of good interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link by clicking apply. You must clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria on your application form
Further information about the School can be found at https://www.qub.ac.uk/mgt/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Dr Heather Dickey, Tel: 02890974466, email: H.Dickey@qub.ac.uk
Anticipated interview date: Wednesday 15 and Thursday 16 May 2019
Salary scale: £36,261 - £50,132 per annum (potential to progress to £53,175 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Thursday 11 April 2019
Apply online at www.qub.ac.uk/jobs. For further information or assistance contact Human Resources, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on HR@qub.ac.uk
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.