The Camogie Association
About The Camogie Association
In 1932, twenty-eight years following the foundation of the Camogie Association, the first All-Ireland championship was played. The Tailteann Games of 1928 and 1932 whetted the appetite of players for competition of a higher standard than that provided at club level. Ten counties entered for the inaugural All-Ireland championship which was organised on an open draw basis. Mayo man, Seán O’Duffy, donated a silver cup, known as the O’Duffy Cup, for the championship.