The Rehab Group is a charity that provides services for over 20,000 adults and children, and champions the value of diversity and inclusion for people with disabilities or disadvantage in their communities throughout Ireland and the UK.
Our mission is to help change the lives of the people we serve by helping them to become more independent and more included in the communities by empowering them with the skills and confidence to be active in the workforce, and supporting them to be in charge of their health and wellness.
Over 20,000 people – adults and children – use Rehab’s services every year. People with disabilities, people on the autism spectrum, people with mental health difficulties, people who are disadvantaged in some way in the labour market, and people who want a fresh start.
MISSION: Helping the people we serve to be more independent; helping them to contribute to and be more included in their communities; empowering them with the skills and confidence to be active in the workforce; and supporting them to be in charge of their health and wellness. VISION: We are a charity that champions the value of diversity and inclusion for people with a disability or disadvantage, in their communities. Together, we will constantly learn and seek to provide excellent services to foster and enhance social and economic independence. VALUES: Our values underpin all we do, shape who we are and how we work with one another, in our organisation and in the community:
Advocacy: Challenge exclusion and promote inclusion
Quality: Strive for excellence in all aspects of our work
Dignity: Respect the unique worth of every person (that includes people who access our services, families, employees and volunteers)
Justice: Act with integrity, honesty, commitment and accountability in everything we do to ensure equity, fairness and transparency
Team Work: Foster an environment that encourages change, growth, trust in our organisation and in partnership with others, working together as one Rehab team
The Payroll Manager manages a centralised team of payroll specialists in Ireland processing up to 1800 staff across the Rehab Group. The role ensures the smooth and efficient running of a busy high volume payroll department that manages and processes weekly, and monthly payroll; and all Revenue returns (processing P30/P32/P35/P60/P45/New Starters).
The role is responsible for reporting to internal and external parties within deadlines; and developing effective relationships with stakeholders & implementing process improvements within payroll where necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/ TRAINING/ KNOWLEDGE
- Educated to diploma level in a relevant discipline (degree level desirable)
- Relevant Irish Payroll Association (IPASS) qualification
- Certificate in Payroll Techniques
- Certificate in VAT Techniques
- Certificate in Employment Law
- Diploma in Payroll Management
- Five years’ experience in the Payroll field
- One year supervisory/management experience in the Payroll field
- Experience of CORE Pay (desirable) and designing Business Intelligence (BI) reports (desirable)
- Understanding and experience of the Not-for-Profit sector (desirable)
Skills and Knowledge
- Working knowledge of payroll principles and practices
- Employment legislation – contract of employment; employee rights; working hours and overtime; calculating gross pay, Tax Credits; Universal Charge Certificate
- Employee weekly net tax liability; income tax; USC; Emergency basis
- Pay Related Social Insurance; The Payroll Ledger; P30; mandatory e-filing
- P35; P60; different tax assessment methods; annual tax liability; budgetary changes on net take home pay
- Protecting confidential date
- Excellent IT skills (all Microsoft Office standard packages) and experience of financial software packages.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High degree of efficiency and attention to detail
- Strong numeracy skills
- Data management and report writing skills
Please click APPLY for full Job Description and how to apply for this position.
Or alternatively you can send your CV & Cover Letter to email@example.com