We’re seeking a Sales Leader to join the nearForm team. This is a senior role, with responsibility for establishing and developing relationships within target global customers, selling enterprise-level, solution-based, technical professional services. The Sales Leader will have primary responsibility for initiating and orchestrating the entire sales process including business and market strategy, executive relationship creation, opportunity and solution development, contract negotiation, deal close and ongoing client satisfaction.
This is a remote model position based in Ireland. National and international travel will be required for customer visits, conferences and trade shows. This is a quota-carrying position with uncapped commission.
The Sales Leader must have an understanding of customer stakeholder relationships and their impact on buying behaviours within the accounts, in order to determine the appropriate sales approach for each level within a large organisation. The candidate will build relationships with the key players in new and existing client accounts and will determine sales strategy, with messaging tailored for each stakeholder.
The Sales Leader will be responsible for the development of nearForm’s revenue targets and for delivering against those targets within budgeted margins. The candidate will also be responsible for presenting regular updates to the Board of Directors and executive team.
- Typical sales experience will involve selling to multiple departments and at multiple levels within large enterprises over a sustained period measured in years, not months.
- Experience successfully selling premium project-based professional services deals to large-scale enterprises at $500k+ deal size level.
- Must have a technical background, or extensive experience in technical selling.
- Ideally will have previously worked in high growth companies at C-Level.
- Experience from a background in ThoughtWorks, Pivotal Labs, IBM Global Services or similar would be an advantage.
- Ideally has practical knowledge and experience working with large partners such as IBM, RedHat, Microsoft, McKinsey or similar, with the skills to map and navigate a large organisation with multiple stakeholders.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for verticals and territories; project expected sales volume and profit for existing and new projects.
- Create and prioritise strategic target account lists within defined territories.
- Interpret customer requirements and take responsibility for completion of proposals and tender documents.
- Experience in the open source environment is an advantage.
- Strategically manage and network a select portfolio of key accounts to maintain and expand lines of existing revenue, creating upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Be familiar with competitors' activities and products.
- Continually re-evaluate offerings and delivery capabilities with the goal of staying in tune with the market; proactively identify gaps in service offering, in collaboration with product management.
- Work closely with existing and growing team in an atmosphere of mutual respect, communication and collaboration to develop an effective strategy and united approach that will win clients’ confidence.
- Understanding of, and ability to articulate, a sales approach for selling technical professional-services and bespoke software solution & platform development.
- Ability to structure, implement and communicate a consistent and repeatable sales process for solution-based Professional Services.
- Understanding of how the concept of “Digital Transformation” is impacting large businesses.
- Clear communicator & detail-oriented.
- A current rolodex of C-Level connections.
- Ability to sell at C-Level and to executive, finance and IT functions.
- A great educator and presenter; ability to translate cutting edge technology capabilities and communicate and articulate business cases for adoption and sales.
- A good speaker; experience speaking at conferences would be an advantage.
- Self-motivated with the ability to build and manage a team.
- Excellent networker who has the ability to identify client’s stakeholders (IT and business) to position nearForm services in conjunction with product management and marketing.
Closing Date: 19th September 2017