3 days left
- Full Time
Crawford Art Gallery is a National Cultural Institution and regional art museum for Munster, dedicated to the visual arts, both historic and contemporary. Located in Cork city, the gallery is a critical part of Ireland's cultural and tourism infrastructure, welcoming almost 200,000 visitors a year.
The Board is now seeking an experienced and dynamic professional with credible experience of running a Gallery or artistic institution of renown. The Director will be responsible for the overall leadership, management and shaping the curatorial vision for the Gallery in collaboration with key staff. The successful applicant will have strong leadership skills, a proven track record of creating relationships with benefactors and donors, combined with an ability and experience of managing a commercial agenda as well as an artistic one.
Key responsibilities of the role will include
- Overseeing and managing the implementation of the Master Development plan, which will be executed over a phased basis in collaboration with OPW and DAHRRGA.
- Guide and implement a long-term strategy for the development and facilitation of a new vision for the Gallery.
- Promote a culture of excellence in all Gallery activities, the collection and continued promotion of the Gallery as an inclusive experience.
- Evaluation of the Gallery’s exhibition and education activities to introduce new ideas and partnerships with external stakeholders.
- Encouraging and developing technological advances and innovative initiatives that will appeal to new audiences.
Applicants should forward a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and supporting letter by email - Click APPLY.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 25th September, 2017.
Candidates for this role will be sourced through both an advertising and search process.
Crawford Art Gallery is an equal opportunities employer.
+353 1 669 7030 www.amrop.ie
Apply for Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly