Service & Interaction Design Lead - Fjord / The Dock
SERVICE & INTERACTION DESIGN LEAD
Centre for Innovation, Dublin 2
Fjord has joined forces with the Centre for Innovation. This is the new home for experimentation, co-creation and experiential design, and an exciting opportunity to put design doing at the heart of innovation. Who are we?
We are designers, ukulele players, doctors and dancers. We are doing things that matter for lives, cities and robots. We are building a work environment where people are happy, productive and collaborative.
Who are you?
You are a kick-ass Service Design Lead ready to join a fast-paced, growing innovation centre. You will operate across all stages of the innovation spectrum, with a remit to build the future in real-time. You will thrive in an open and interactive working environment, which facilitates collaboration with colleagues, clients and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief, will ensure that together we will make it count.
What you’ll be doing
- As the Service & Interaction Design lead, be responsible for the quality of all deliverables across a variety of projects.
- Be a hands-on design expert, shaping the concept and seeing it through to detailed design and implementation across a variety of devices and platforms.
- Communicate and envision service concepts and ideas using methods & tools that illustrate all the components and touch-points of the service.
- Inspire innovative approaches to design, using creative facilitation techniques and taking the lead at client meetings, internal company meetings, brainstorms and external design events.
- Encourage innovative approaches to design techniques, enabling the design team to embrace different angles to a design problem.
- Create “focused innovation” that balances the client’s business needs whilst meeting their goal of differentiation.
- Create design briefs based on project proposals and client feedback.
- Be opinionated and hungry to discuss the design being done within and outside the Centre.
- Have an understanding of how user research should be integrated in to a project and a good understanding of all the other skill sets and expertise within the Centre.
- Embrace and harness new technologies.
- Have a strong commercial awareness.
- A strong work ethic and a passion for drawing out and driving creativity and innovation.
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be a storyteller - A critical element of all our roles is to deliver insights about people and behaviour - verbally and visually - in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team.
- A strategic perspective on the variety of work that we do. Many of our projects involve strategic thinking based upon the insights gathered from the field. Thus, business, brand, and/or strategic experience are desirable.
- A natural skill to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewing customers, or working with fellow team members and clients, a service designer should be passionate about representing the human perspective in design and should have skills in bringing this passion to life for the team.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Impeccable personal time management.
- Planning and analytical skills are essential.
Carry out and contribute to;
- User & design research – planning, conducting and synthesizing
- Concept development, service mapping, interaction design modelling.
- Comparative reviewing and service benchmarking.
- Information architecture, interface/interaction design.
- Concept and design documentation.
- Understand visual design across all platforms.
- Facilitate and contribute to the creation, adoption and improvement of interaction design documentation and guidelines and their consistent deployment across various projects.
Other Responsibilities: Client Facing;
- Analyze and respond to client briefs in a timely manner.
- Manage and oversee the delivery of a range of projects, defining project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Establish relationships and liaise with key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Participate in the early stages of service or application definition and proposition creation, such as participation in brainstorms or user-focused offerings.
- Work with the Program Manager to issue regular status reports and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Identify and alert the Program Managers to potential crises, and work with them to manage changes in scope and devise contingency plans.
- Seek out, identify and respond to new business opportunities.
- Alongside the Program Manager, identify, analyze and resolve risk.
- Communicate and define project roles, responsibilities and expectations to each team member at the start and for the duration of each project.
- Break down business, user, and technology requirements into digestible components for the design team.
- Instill project teams with the confidence and discipline to explore innovative design solutions while respecting client deadlines.
- Manage and maintain team motivation and morale, offering emotional and logistical support.
- Engage with freelancers and staff from other offices enlisted to support the project team, as and when required.
- Manage different teams in parallel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Alongside the Program Manager develop and deliver progress reports, requirements documentation and presentations.
- Work with the Program Manager and other SDLs to engage the most appropriate skill sets on each project.
- Contribute to and participate in project debrief reviews.
- React to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
Your Skills And Qualifications
- 6+ years delivering interface design solutions for various clients as well as strong leadership experience.
- Proven experience with emerging technology (ex. AI, VR)
- In-depth knowledge and experience within a relevant service design discipline.
- Experience owning a project vision, execution, quality and client relationship.
- Experience being highly accountable for design quality and project delivery.
- Experience with concepting and ideation.
- Consistently demonstrate unconventional and brilliant thinking.
- Workshop planning and facilitation skills.
- Experience of iterative prototyping.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and key stakeholders.
- Ability to respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
A flexible approach
We understand that traditional models may not work for everyone, so we offer flexible working arrangements which include tailored options for how you work
Please note, as part of all Designer recruitment processes, we require a portfolio of your relevant work or we will not be able to consider your application. Please be sure to include a link to an online or downloadable portfolio on your CV, or, be sure to attach an additional document with a portfolio of your work, as part of your online application for this role. About Accenture
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The Centre for Innovation is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, leading the global innovation programme at Accenture.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.