Talent & Organisation Strategy - Senior Manager
About Accenture Strategy Ireland
Accenture Strategy Ireland is a fast-growing, entrepreneurial Strategy Consulting practice with a ‘hands-on, value & impact’ culture. We support C-Suites to transform their businesses by leveraging the differentiated Accenture DNA, driven by a deep understanding of technology. Our people focus on defining sustainable and realistic business plans that can be effectively implemented by our clients.
Key features of the role…
As a Senior Manager in Accenture’s Strategy Practice you will leverage Accenture’s expertise in strategy, technology, analytics and operations to help the world’s leading organisations succeed. You will apply deep business strategy development, architecting value and operating model architecture skills to influence client agendas through business insight. You will provide deep understanding of our clients' industry landscape and business options in the context of global, economic, technology and social trends.
Within Accenture Strategy, our Talent & Organisation practice helps C-Suite clients deliver the business strategy in light of future workforce needs and digital opportunities by creating organizational agility, incorporating new ways of working and developing leaders who can power the organization, enabled by a strategic, talent-centric HR function and focused, insight-driven change strategies.
There will never be a typical day at Accenture Strategy, but that’s why people love it here.
Here are some core responsibilities:
- Deliver successful strategy engagements (sometimes multiple at once) addressing our clients’ business challenges, delivering lasting and distinctive outcomes and value in disciplines such as:
- Organisation & Change
- Leadership & Talent Development
- HR Operating Model Strategy and Transformation
- Human Capital Strategy
- Human Capital Analytics
- Solve complex, ambiguous business strategy problems, bringing structure and rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques; acting and taking decisions with little management oversight
- Make, build and sustain trusted senior client relationships in the C-suite by remaining highly attuned to client needs and styles
- Assist our clients in establishing and implementing a vision, road map and organisational structure to address today’s business needs and support future growth
- Develop associated business cases and plans which are detailed and actionable, and which reflect our practice’s deep industry and business process acumen
- Lead business development activities including opportunity identification/qualification, proposal development/presentation, and commercial contract negotiation
- Lead development of the Accenture Strategy T&O practice and build Accenture’s innovative offerings, assets and capabilities
- Develop and manage high performing multidisciplinary Strategy teams, leading by example, actively mentoring others and contributing to performance management and recruitment activities
What we’re looking for…
The ideal candidate would have a proven track record working within a consultancy or leading organisation in a HR / Human Capital Strategy role. The ability to work in a fast-paced, project-related environment is critical. We are particularly looking for the following capabilities
- Strong understanding of Human Capital Strategy & Transformation, core HR processes, organisation design and technology solutions.
- Familiarity with recognised Strategy frameworks and techniques; experience of research, quantitative analysis, structured problem solving and executive communication techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to build and lead effective teams, establish trust-based relationships and gain valuable insights through collaboration and communication
- Proven track record of building and sustaining lasting relationships with Executives / Senior Executives of leading organisations
- Experience in developing and building a practice – helping to define strategy, manage resource development, set and achieve targets
- Proven presentation skills to lead large-scale, senior meetings, presentations and workshops
- Strong and proven track record in sales origination, with an entrepreneurial mind-set
- An appreciation of how technology and digital can contribute to solving clients’ complex business problems; comfort operating at the intersection of business and technology
- Willingness to flexibly accommodate client travel and location requirements
Qualifications and skills required
- Minimum 8 years’ experience at a strategic level in a leading organisation
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leading teams
- Excellent degree results or equivalent
- MBA or postgraduate degree preferable but not mandatory
- CIPD qualification preferable but not mandatory
- Evidence of career progression and achievement to date
Our Commitment to You
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement
- Opportunities to learn through executive training at Accenture’s global Strategy College, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company
- Our collaborative and inclusive working environment builds on the strengths and added value of each person.
- You will chart a sustainable career journey guided by your personal Career Counsellor and continuously grow through tailored learning and development tools.
- Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package that includes a range of market-relevant benefits and programs to help you manage the demands of work and life.
- We help you to find the right balance through flexible working using the latest collaboration technologies and mobility solutions.
- As a valued member of our Accenture family, your sense of belonging will be nurtured through a diverse program of initiatives and community networking events that recognize your achievements. Our Sports, Corporate Citizenship, Leadership, Inclusion & Diversity programs and our annual Innovation Challenge provide additional fun and inspiring ways to engage with colleagues and society.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.