Head of Clinical Risk
Acting as the State Claims Agency (SCA), the National Treasury Management Agency provides risk management advice and assistance to State authorities and healthcare enterprises with the aim of reducing future claims and litigation and, where claims arise, manages them to contain the State’s liability and associated expenses.
The SCA is responsible for the Clinical Indemnity Scheme (CIS) which involves the indemnification and management of clinical negligence claims arising from the diagnosis, treatment and care of patients. In addition, the SCA advises and assists participating enterprises on effective risk management.
Reporting to the Director, SCA, the successful candidate will:
• Provide strategic leadership with regard to driving and supporting safe
patient care through effective risk management at national and local levels
• Promote and support national change management patient
safety initiatives in collaboration with other stakeholders
• Oversee collection, collation and analysis of reports of adverse events
and claims notifi ed via the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
• Lead and manage the multi-disciplinary clinical risk team at the SCA
The ideal candidate will have:
• A minimum of 10 years relevant experience, operating at a senior
• A primary medical degree and will be on the register of or be eligible to
register with the Medical Council
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of the Irish public health sector
• Sound theoretical knowledge and practical experience of clinical risk
management and quality improvement
• Strong leadership and management skills and experierence
• Excellent verbal and writing skills
Further information on this opportunity including job description can be
found at www.ntma.ie
Please apply online - click APPLY; the closing date for applications is
Friday 30th June 2017.
If you wish to have an initial confidential conversation, please contact
Sinéad Brennan, Director of HR, NTMA. Phone (01) 238 4000.