Engineering Services Manager
Our client, an exciting Irish operation with significant growth plans, currently have a requirement for an experienced Engineering Services Manager based in Dublin. This is a permanent role and an excellent opportunity to build a long term career for the right candidate. This role calls for someone with considerable experience in a heavy process Engineering environment.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the company’s Maintenance & Services function which includes a team of approximately 35 craft workers, general workers and support staff.
- Manage a range of external services suppliers and consultants.
- Ensure that the requirement of customers depending on organisation plant and equipment are understood and met.
- Ensure that best practice preventative and predictive maintenance methodologies are routinely implemented.
- Ensure all plant, equipment and services required for business operations are available.
- Ensure that there is redundancy and back-up to provide business continuity in critical areas.
- Manage the procurement of both services and works in accordance with EU and Irish procurement law.
- Manage tender competitions ensuring that tenders are evaluated objectively and contracts subsequently awarded without exposure to legal challenges.
- Ensure M&S staff are trained to respond in emergency situations.
- Ensure energy efficiency is continually improved.
- Ensure Costs are controlled and reduced, where possible.
- Ensure that all plant and equipment is maintained and operated in compliance with all relevant regulations including legislative and industry standards.
- Ensure that environmental control measures are established and maintained for the operation and maintenance of all plant and equipment.
- Initiate capital projects where required and ensure they are managed through the company’s established PM gateway process.
- Ensure the operation and maintenance of all plant and equipment is risk assessed; that SOPs are in place and are reviewed regularly; and that appropriate training designed, delivered and recorded.
- Management of a skilled workforce and support staff.
- Management of external advisors and contractors.
- Maintenance of relationships with customers and operators.
- Maintenance of relationships with EMT colleagues and with Board and Board sub-committees.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Third level degree engineering qualification
- Be a Chartered Engineer
- Significant experience in process industry is essential including:
- Electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulic drives
- PLC control systems
- Pipeline and pumping systems for petroleum or similarly hazardous fluids
- Environmental monitoring systems
- Energy management systems
- Proven experience in managing, organising and motivating staff is essential.
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to think clearly and solve problems.
- Proven ability to maintain strong and positive working relationships with colleagues, sub-contractors, service suppliers, customers and regulatory bodies.
Should you have the required background and skills required for this role, please contact Sarah Doyle for further information on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 661 0444.
Please submit your CV in Microsoft Word format.