Education Development Officer (incorporating Teacher Liaison & Schools Coordinator)
Glasnevin Trust, whose responsibilities include, inter alia, the historic Glasnevin Cemetery, is seeking a suitably qualified Education Officer who will have responsibility for fostering and further developing its well established outreach programmes to adults and students. This will also include working with Trinity College Dublin, the Marino Institute of Education and the Trust in the further development of a recently established history education initiative to support teachers in their planning and teaching of history.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills (Dublin based role)
- Expected to be the public face of the initiative to the teaching profession in Ireland, requiring a deep interest and knowledge of History, particularly Irish Public History
- Proven capacity to lead and motivate staff, to develop and maintain appropriate collaborative organisational culture, encourage effective performance and team building
- Keenly developed promotional, diplomatic and communication skills required
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in at least one of the areas of education, public service or educational tourism
- Ideally a relevant third level qualification, in History or Teaching.
- Candidates must have a full clean driving license, access to a car and ability to travel.
This is a new position, offered on a 2 year fixed term contract. Competitive remuneration package. Secondment arrangements may be considered.
Glasnevin Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Interested Applicants should forward a detailed CV and Cover Letter by post to The Convenor of Curatorial Committee, Glasnevin Trust, Finglas Road, Dublin 11 or by email - click APPLY by 5pm Wednesday 24th May 2017.
More information and full job description is available at www.glasnevintrust.ie