Deputy General Manager
The NEWLY TRANSFORMED 275 bedrooms hotel, Red Cow Moran 4 star Hotel in Dublin is recognised as one of the most conveniently situated Dublin Hotels, located at the Red Cow Intersection which is the gateway to Ireland's provinces making it the ideal choice of hotel whatever the reason for your visit to Dublin.
We are now recruiting for an experienced Deputy General Manager
What will I be doing?
As a Deputy General Manager, you are responsible for supporting the General Manager in managing the Hotel team and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience. A Deputy General Manager will also be required to manage profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
What are we looking for?
- Experience as Deputy GM or hotel operator with strong rooms revenue background.
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience in increasing profitability
- Experience managing budgets, revenue proposals, and forecasting results in a similar sized property
- Great hands-on leadership skills, with the ability to engage colleagues at all levels.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• To ensure all daily, weekly, and monthly operational and departmental meetings within the hotel are happening.
• To ensure the Hotel delivers Company’s Standards
• Ensure all standard checklists are used as prescribed.
• To empower team to be able to handle all guest feedback both positive and negative and record correctly.
• Actively consider prevention, recovery and investigation of any complaints.
• To anticipate guests’ needs wherever possible and promote them within the hotel enhancing guest satisfaction.
• To carry out quality training and coaching in a systematic and professional manner.
Monitor and control key departmental costs and controls
• To communicate and share knowledge with other hotel departments.
• To positively promote sales awareness within the departments and maximise sales opportunities.
• Prepare, check and monitor department forecasts and rotas to ensure they are in line with set budgets and meet the service and business needs.
• Liaise with General Manager/Hr Manager, reviewing performance, this would involve reviewing customer feedback on a regular basis.
• Ensure that all new Company practices and procedures are auctioned immediately.
• To prepare, check and monitor departmental forecasts and rotas to ensure they are in line with set budgets and meet the service and business needs.
• Maintain financial awareness and understanding of how the role impacts on the hotels Profit and Loss account and the Company’s business as a whole.
• Control all departmental costs through management of HODs
• To ensure the Company Health and Safety, Food Safety and COSHH legislations are adhered to; this will involve action and appropriate training.
• To assist the General Manager in the preparation of the annual budgets
• Ensure all information given is recorded according to legislative and company policy and procedures
Management • Ensure that while you undertake your role you abide by the Health & Safety at Work
• Understand the importance of adhering to company policy with reference to hazard spotting, first aid reporting and reporting accidents.
• Ensure legal compliance with liquor law.
• Abide by all company and legal statutory standards at al times and bring to attention of any senior management any discrepancies or breaches of standards.
• Attend all statutory training as requested and ensure all members of team attend as appropriate.
Performance indicators • Customer satisfaction reflected in positive feedback.
Ideal candidates should have a stable background and positive references
You must be eligible to live and work in Ireland unrestricted
CVs should be sent to Lydia Gourley HR Manager - click APPLY.