Content, Brand and PR Manager
Established in 1952 to raise the standard of management practice in Ireland, the Irish Management Institute (IMI) has worked throughout its 60 year history with Ireland’s industry leaders to equip them with global best-in-class leadership competencies and tools to execute at the forefront of their sectors and industries.
In November 2016, IMI merged with University College Cork (UCC). This merger follows on from five years of a successful Strategic Alliance between IMI and UCC and cements our shared ambition to advance managerial education in Ireland by enabling organisations and individuals to fulfil their potential through world-class executive education.
IMI nonetheless remains a membership organisation. Our members reflect a spectrum of Irish industry, from start-ups to the world’s largest multinationals, and means we are deeply connected to, understand and are rooted in the real needs of business.
Thousands of senior executives attend developmental programmes at IMI annually, ranging from NFQ level 9 Masters and Diploma qualifications to one and two-day master classes. IMI also acts as a “business partner” for organisations that are looking to align comprehensive learning and development strategies to support the execution of business growth strategies. The IMI regained the prestigious Financial Times ranking for Executive Education in 2016 for the 8th year in succession
Purpose of the role:
Content generation, packaging and PR will be central in IMI's agenda for 2017-18. IMI's target market increasingly uses online media as their direct news source. Thus, this role will require the following skills:
1. Content generation (written and graphic) and packaging content tailored to various audience groups.
2. PR generation- messaging, positioning and PR contacts in the industry is a plus. An ability to diagnose and understand organisational growth, change, leadership development and executive education.
3. Brand management and Campaign Management- strong project management skills and ideation skills
4. Digital media savviness
This individual must be a skilled writer ad content creator with a passion and talent for communicating ideas, sometimes complex ideas, in an accessible and engaging way for a specific audience. Given the breadth and depth of expertise within executive education sector, the chosen individual will need to have a broad range of interests, a clear understanding of content strategy and different styles of content required.
Reporting to the Head of Growth Strategy and Marketing, the individual will be working within a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with multiple teams and across a variety of business and content areas in IMI.
- Develop and deliver a content plan for Graduate, Short, Tailored and membership. To position the IMI brand as a thought leader, nationally and internationally by producing and distributing more content for offline and online use.
- Curate, edit and write content for awareness, thought leadership, lead generation and lead nurturing
- Ensure content is optimised for various channels- online as well as offline
- Manage social media properties.
- Coordinate social media ad campaigns and drive social media engagement. Report against social media KPI’s. Monitor key online communities and develop a brand position for IMI
- Identify and develop relationships with key influencers
- Deliver consumer insights from social media
- Manage the execution of campaigns
PR outputs of this role will include:
- Translating the IMI context and messaging into newsworthy PR stories to establish ourselves as thought leaders.
- Closer monitoring of PR and will be working full time on pushing/pitching IMI stories
- Better alignment of messages and maximising opportunities
Experience and qualifications required:
- Proven track record (5 years +) in a communications, brand, or content marketing role
- Some PR experience is beneficial
- Excellent content and copywriting skills - a journalism background/qualification would suit. A portfolio of insightful, compelling and high-impact Marketing Content.
- B2B Marketing publishing experience, with an interesting portfolio of B2B marketing collateral.
- Excellent visual design and graphics skills for content creation – knowledge of powerpoint, Adobe softwares and ability to put together or communicate a vision to be executed by a graphic designer
- Knowledge of creating and optimising content for online – blogs, banners, free content guides
- Experienced in the development and delivery of content strategies
- Good knowledge of principles of SEO and Social media strategy and execution
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, CRM systems, social media analytics and email distribution software packages required.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Skills necessary to manage agencies and other creative teams to develop world-class creative for online and offline collateral and local customer-facing events
- Marketing, Professional services, or academic experience an advantage
- The ability to build and maintain a personal ethos of high performance.
- Results oriented, proven ability to reach and exceed targets in a dynamic environment.
- Strong/persuasive communication skills and the ability to develop productive working relationships across teams and departments are essential.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Take initiative, with a hands-on execution style.
- Commercial acumen - has a good overall understanding of costing, budget and preservation of margin etc and can use this information to drive and influence decision making.
- Strong ability to build personal rapport with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Superior strategic planning and organisational skills, be self driven, well organised, and able to work independently with a hands-on execution style.
- Proven ability to align and integrate individual and team goals with overall Institute strategy.
- Flexible and be able to work outside standard business hours as required.
This is a role new and important to IMI; it will be exciting and will allow considerable scope for the successful candidate to make their own. Please email cover letter and curriculum vitae by clicking APPLY or send to Recruitment, IMI, Sandyford Road, Dublin 16. Further company information is located @ www.imi.Ie.
All communications regarding this role will be treated with complete confidence.