PricewaterhouseCoopers is seeking an experienced qualified Actuary to expand its Irish Life Actuarial Services practice.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for the following:
- Manage and deliver a wide range of both core actuarial assignments and multidisciplinary assignments in wider fields
- Act as clients’ main point of day-to-day contact on engagements
- Lead and manage staff effectively in order to ensure the highest quality of and timely delivery of engagements
- Lead or contribute to the development of new consulting product opportunities, including opportunities to partner with other professionals in the firm in the areas of Corporate Finance, Banking and Enterprise Risk Management
- Be actively involved in the development of new and existing client relationships, including playing a pivotal role in client pitches and proposals
- Take an active role in supporting the strategic management and running of the practice
We look to develop accomplished all-round consultants, not just technically strong actuaries. This means exposure to a wide range of clients and project situations, including the opportunity to work in multidisciplinary teams or with people from our network firms overseas. You will be able to build a strong personal profile both internally in PwC and externally in the market.
You will also be given the opportunity to take an active role in supporting the strategic management and running of the practice. This could include being involved of the development of one of our core product areas or leading / contributing to the development and distribution of information or training programmes that enhance the department’s understanding of key issues.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and dedicated professional to join our team and help us to deliver our services and solutions. We’re also looking for the following experience and skills:
- Qualified, with at least 5 years total experience in the life insurance or reinsurance market from either a consultancy or industry background
- Proven track record of building strong client relationships and ability to communicate our analysis to our clients in plain English
- Develop junior staff, including technical training and performance management
- Excellent IT / software / programming skills - we’re data obsessed and we base our advice on our data analysis skills
- Strong technical, problem identification and analytical skills, ideally at least one specialist area of experience
- Strong project and financial management skills with the ability to deliver to budget and within timescales
- Be self-motivated and take responsibility for personal development in technical and broader consulting skills
Who we are
The PwC Irish Life Actuarial Services practice currently consists of ten actuaries, six of whom are qualified. We provide support to clients in relation to all aspects of life insurance including reserving, Solvency II, capital management, mergers & acquisitions, financial modelling, risk management solutions and audit support, both in Ireland, across continental Europe and the world.
We’re also working in wider fields. Our current core focus areas are in Banking, Enterprise Risk Management and the Public Sector. We provide support to our strategy and consulting colleagues on whatever analytical problems that they face as part of multidisciplinary teams.
The team works in a friendly, positive and vibrant atmosphere, where people are encouraged and supported to take responsibility at an early stage and proactively develop their career. In return, we offer individuals the opportunity to be highly rewarded personally, in terms of professional development, and financially. We offer excellent training to our people to strengthen their technical knowledge but equally importantly to broaden their personal and consulting skills. This is backed up by on-the-job development opportunities and a mentoring structure that helps people to develop their full potential right through to Partnership.
Our people need to demonstrate a defined set of core skills and behaviours. We refer to these as the PwC Professional. They're integral to who we are as a firm and form the basis of our people appraisal process. We will also assess you against them within our recruitment process to benchmark your own skills and behaviours. We recommend you visit the below web page to find out more about our global core competencies and to consider how your own experiences will align against them. This will help you through the recruitment process with us. http://www.pwc.ie/careers/working-with-us/what-you-can-learn.jhtml