General Secretary (Designate)
The INMO, which was established in 1919, is the voice of nursing and midwifery in Ireland representing circa 40,000 members. The INMO represents 4 out of every 5 nurses/ midwives, in clinical practice, with members working in all disciplines and all areas of the Irish health service.
The INMO provides four key pillars of service to members:
- first class industrial relations support at workplace, regional and national level;
- high quality continuous professional development through our new Education and Event Centre;
- legal / regulatory representation support and guidance; and
- the development of nursing/midwifery through international engagement and membership of ICN and ICM.
The General Secretary, Liam Doran, is retiring at the end of the year and the Executive Council of the INMO wishes to appoint his successor over the coming months.
The General Secretary, as the Chief Executive of the INMO, reports to the Executive Council, advises on policy and strategic direction, is responsible for the leadership of a team of circa 65 people and overall management of the Organisation. The General Secretary represents members’ interests, in a wide range of fora, playing a leadership role, at national and international level, on all matters affecting nurses/midwives and the ongoing development of our health services.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- a commitment to the mission and vision of the INMO to fully develop the role of nurses and midwives in Ireland;
- the insight, tenacity, collegiality and determination to serve members’ needs;
- the management and professional experience to provide high quality leadership in all areas of the Organisation’s activities;
- the communication skills and capability to represent the INMO to a broad range of stakeholders and in the media; and
- the strategic capability to contribute to the future development of all health services in Ireland.
This is a dynamic leadership role, for the successful candidate, to lead this growing Organisation, into a new era, making a positive difference for members, in terms of pay and conditions, their professional development, and their role in the ongoing evolution of this country’s health service.
Ellen Roche, Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Executive Search 01 -792 6703 and Adrienne Harten, Senior Manager, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Executive Search, 01-792 7737 are available for further information and discussion should you wish to explore your candidacy for this post.
Please send a CV and Personal Statement outlining your fit for the role - click APPLY on or before 10th May 2017.
Apply for General Secretary (Designate)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly