In House Legal Counsel
Our client is a large International Insurance Company. Their legal department is growing in tandem with their business and they are seeking to hire a legal counsel to join their team.
Reporting into the Chief Legal Counsel you will be an integral part of the legal function with broad responsibilities including:
- Advising on, Irish and European insurance law and regulation, including Solvency II, the Consumer Protection Code and the Corporate Governance Code for Insurance Undertakings.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts, including distribution agreements, reinsurance contracts, supplier contracts, outsourcing agreements, intermediary terms of business, IT contracts, real estate documentation and confidentiality agreements.
- Providing advice on corporate governance issues.
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on policy wordings and endorsements, marketing material and client communications.
- Managing relationships with external counsel and taking responsibility for external legal budget.
- Advising the company on legal developments.
- Advising on HR processes and issues.
- Experienced insurance lawyer interested in pursuing an in-house career.
- Strong relationship / inter-personal skills and confidence in advising senior executives.
- Attention to detail is essential.
Interested candidates should contact John Macklin on 01-6610444 or click APPLY.